Cheap house pen ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustNotBuyMore

Owner of 32 happy rabbits
Reaction score
Although I have tons and tons of rabbits...

I am so new to this whole house rabbit thing! :nerves1

I am getting three baby baby netherlands on April 30th... and they are so tiny... I don't want to put them in the outside rabbit pen! They have got to be so fragile... I would feel terrible, lol.

So I'm keeping them in the house until they are maybe 5 months old... maybe 5 years old... LOL

Are there any cheap pen ideas that I could make up? They are babies, so the trio will be staying together.

I have to feed/take care of 32 rabbits.. so I don't want to spend more than 50.00 on their pen alone.

A pet exercise pen works great for indoor use. You can easily reach in to take care of food, water and the litter box (also for petting them!!). I'd recommend at least 30" high. You can find them in stores or search the internet for a good price.

pet pen.jpg

I just made this for Stewie today it is 3 metal shelves that you would see in the old corner stores :)

19.jpg

Thank you. :) I had seen those before, but they were always like 70+ dollars. Somehow there are a lot for MUCH cheaper than that now!

How does this one sound for three 1/2 pound baby netherlands? What size should I get?

http://www.chewy.com/dog/midwest-bl...78&utm_term=&gclid=COTbpdq87bwCFQ_l7AodYmwAGg

That's the brand I have and they've worked great. I have the 30" which is high enough for my bunnies and I can also step into it if need be or reach in easily. I've heard those Nethies are high jumpers though so you may want to consider the 36" or higher if you plan on using the door all the time. Maybe someone with Nethies can advise you on how high they can jump. It also depends on the individual bunnies too. I've read stories of some high jumping antics on this forum.

My French Lops have jumped 4 feet+ with minimal effort... I thought this would be different! Grr! lol

I'm excited for my babies. :) These bunnies will be spoiled as HECK.

More ideas would not be ignored!

Latest posts

Back