Charlie bit in ear by my other bunny HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envyme

Reaction score
Hi,

I was doing a bonding session with my 4 buns (one of the first sessions) They are all fixed. Everything was going great until Delilah attacked Charlie out of no where and he cried and I immediately separated them and looked at Charlies ear. It isn't bleeding but Delilah (she is much larger than Charlie) bit through his ear in one small area. Charlie did just eat some pellets BUT I worry he is in a lot of pain and I don't want something to happen to his ear...I have never experienced anything like this. What should I do??

I would clean the wound, Betadine is awesome stuff. You can put some polysporin/neosporin on it after it is clean.

He may have a little hole in his ear if the flesh doesn't reconnect while it heals.

-Dawn

Thanks for the reply. He started grinding his teeth when I put the warm wash cloth on his ear :( I gave him some Metacam to help with the pain. Poor baby!

Good ideato give the pain meds.

If he stops eating or pooping or looks in pain tomorrow you probably should check in with the vet for possibly a stronger pain med. If he looks normal it probably will heal on its own if you keep it clean .

:yeahthat:

You may need a refill on the Metacam too. Make sure he is adequately hydrated and has food in his belly when you give it. If you don't have enough Metacam, you can substitute infant ibuprofen. I would not use aspirin in this case because it is a wound and aspirin interferes with clotting.

Latest posts

Back