Changing the litter box place?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayana

Reaction score
Hello guys

I have unspayed female rabbit ,she is free roaming the house during the day so she chooses two places for doing her things but isn't really suitable for me to let her continue or putting the litter box their. I block the one in living room but she kept peeing and pooping around the area and I don't know what to do to keep her away from the two place? and train her in the one I chose

Are you planning on spaying her? Spayed rabbits are more consistent.

If she's had accidents where you've moved the litter box away, then she is likely smelling where she had those accidents. They like to go where they smell it (even if we can't smell it). You can try cleaning it very well with vinegar to neutralize the urine odor.

If you plan on spaying her, I'd leave the boxes where they have been for now until after she's spayed. Then you can try to get her to use just one box after her spay.

Actually, after a spay, she should be confined to a small area to limit her activity. This is a great time to litter train again. Just keep a litter box in her cage (assuming she has a cage, even if she is free roam). Then, once she'd ready to roam, limit that space (don't give her the whole house). Use an ex-pen to limit the space around her cage. This means she always has access back to her litter box. If she does well over several days, expand the area a little more. Be sure she continues to always return to her litter box consistently with each expansion. Gradually, she gets more space, always ensuring she returns to the one litter box. This is how you get her using just the one.

Back