Changing cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParkersMum

Reaction score
I've just brought Parker a new 140cm long cage that arrives Tuesday. Even though he free roams my living room I felt the 100cm cage the Pet Shop told me would be bigger than he needed was just too small.

Is there anything I should know about changing cages? Should I put something familiar in it or will he be fine to just put him in there?

I would suggest putting his used litter box (not cleaned) in the new cage. Also put in the same dishes, and whatever else you normally had in the old cage. If you were hoping to trade anything out, wait until he's used to the new cage, then do so one item at a time.

He doesn't currently have a litter box, he tends to just use a corner in his room. I have brought one for his new cage but I'm wondering if I should just put drippings from that corner into a new corner in the new cage to start with or if I should just put a litter box straight in there & put the droppings straight into that?

I'm keeps his house, water bottle, food dish & toys the same so hoping he won't find it too much of a change.

Latest posts

Back