Change In Potty Habits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appologize for the LOOONG wait. We contacted the vet last week and they wanted us to try a few things like changing his blanket so he couldn't smell where he'd been before and that sort of thing. Well - it didn't work, so he has an appointment with a highly recommended doctor tomorrow. I wont be able to take him myself - but my parents are taking him.

I will update this tomorrow afternoon after I hear something.

P.S. He seems to be fine - very laid back and seems comfortable, but you can never know.

Ok here's the update!

Shayze is going to be ok :) - He has dry skin on the bottoms of his feet and a sore on his left foot. We have a blanket down so his feet became very tender apparently. We have medicine to give him for pain, an antibiotic (cephalexin i believe), and some cream to put on his feet (I know he'll LOVE that!).

The doctor said that the shavings (well more than likely the "yesterdays news" - she used both yesterdays news and shavings I believe) that my mom has been putting in his litterbox was hurting his sore foot - (my mom said he would shake his foot a lot more after being in his litterbox). Now it makes sense why he wouldn't want to use the bathroom in there.

Things should be ok soon - I will try to keep this posted :)

P.S. I want to thank ra7751 for recommending this doctor. Even though I couldn't actually go and meet her - my mom was VERY impressed. Thank you - and thank all of you for your comments and concerns :)

Latest posts

Back