change in litter box habbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
Baby has always been really good at being litterbox trained. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I changed her regularlitter to her the same thing i use in her bedding,(the pineshavings) Now she will still hop in her litter box, but thenshe hops right outside it to do her business.

Do I need to just need change her litter back?

Just plain kitty litter. No clumping,or clay or anything bad for her. But I ran out one day and itwas late at night, so I thought I'd just put some pine shavings like weuse for her cage until I could get more litter. Then Ithought she was still using it ok, so I thought I'd keep trying that,but now like I said, she does her business just right outside the box.

Is it edible kitty litter? If not, Iwould change it. I use plant fiber as litter and itworksvery well. I think it's called CritterCountry. You can get it at Petco.

It sounds like your bun is confused. Switching back to theold litter is probably a good idea. Pine shavings aren't goodfor bunnies either.

Sorry, I'm really picky about litter. ;)

Back