central CT - PHOTOS 1/17

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edited to say *I'm going to add a copy of this to the chat where their pics are*

JadeIcing wrote:
*hugs*

How are the ones you got doing?

doing good, gaining weight, Captain is feeling at home now he was unsure first few days, but is feeling very comfortable now. will be a while before their coats come in good.

Took Del to work on Thursday because it felt like he had a mass opposite of his stomach.. felt felt it and made a OMG face, i said see now you know why i wanted you to check it. We xrayed him, it's actually his stomach, but there doesn't appear to be any masses(growth) in it. vet feels the lack of fiber has caused his stomach and gut to to slow down , so it builds up, and isn't emptying out completely. he's pooping fine, but with him pigging out from lack of eating plus being skinny you can feel his stomach on both sides. She says you know he needs to gain weight Um yeah who do you think your talking to LOL she was in Dr mode...

she feels that with proper diet his digestive system should get back on track, we will let the diet try and kick in first and not interfere unless he has a slow down in poop production, which is not showing any signs of a slow down*knock on wood*.

Strawberry is eating and slowly gaining weight, but slow is a good thing. at least she's gaining, she's very bony with a rough coat, but that will change.., PJ is in decent condition I think because he's so small. he should get a decent coat in when he blows his current one.

Basically they just all need a lot of TLC and a good diet oh wait and to be fed daily....don't get me started on that......:grumpy:

I am hoping we have put a good swift kick of motivation to do the min care at the very least.. I suggested that it would be easier to rehome them that way. so the owner is suppose to be motivating the caretaker.

Pipp wrote:
I would think getting the mini-rex to vancouver is out of the question, huh.

Hope there's the perfect sanctuary out there somewhere for them. Somebody here has a 'retirement home' for all sorts of elderly critters. Very good idea.

sas :?

i'm sorry I totally missed this post. You'd have to set up your own bunny train :p

We may have interest in the rex, I got an email today, I placed them on petfinder. Yes I know be warry, but I have been running out of options, I already received 3 scam emails first thing. fortunally I had an old emailaddress I set up a few years ago for a old wedsite I had, the website shut down simply because the place was no longer offering webspace, but I had already moved my pages. So I have made it the sole email to take care of these buns. That way nothing gets lost in junk or trash folders.

JadeIcing wrote:
No luck everyone is full. Few have lost their jobs in the last few weeks. :?

oh that's awful, are they people with 2 people income of single person income. I know it's hard either way, but a little easier when your not the sole provider.

There is a new idea, if no one local can take them, maybe local people can provide transport.. do a little bunderground ..I have a rabbit educator in Az who can take a few if we can get them there. She was reached when A guy who is part of a NY group sent a mass email to about 250 people. all educators or rescuers or somewhere in that rank.

JadeIcing wrote:
Few have lost their jobs in the last few weeks. :?

One of the reasons I can't take any more in right now.

MrsD got laid off a few months ago, and she's having a really hard time finding something else.
She's got severence fora fewmonths,and unemployment for as long as it lasts.

Luckily I stll have my job to keep us under a roof for now.

Gabby wrote:
There is a new idea, if no one local can take them, maybe local people can provide transport.. do a little bunderground ..I have a rabbit educator in Az who can take a few if we can get them there.

I can help with transport.... and possibly a few days ofroom & boardif needed to make a connection.

JimD wrote:
Gabby wrote:
There is a new idea, if no one local can take them, maybe local people can provide transport.. do a little bunderground ..I have a rabbit educator in Az who can take a few if we can get them there.

I can help with transport.... and possibly a few days ofroom & boardif needed to make a connection.
that is a very kind offer, and if need be we will take you up on that. I hope we've gotten a considerable size ball rolling now. I just emailed back asking if they go there how many can she take. So I'm guessing i'll hear back tomorrow.

AlsoI was just given 4 more emails to contact tonight, so paws crossed, plus I understand yesterday it went out to 250 people via a rabbit educator who is well connected..still yetI was given more names today, so paws crossed. I think this is the biggests stir I have ever done about anything, hopefully it gets results. But i have to say I haven't done it alone I've had others giving me names and emails to contact.,

still getting one my contacts was being in the right place at the right time,latching on and not letting go.

JimD wrote:
Gabby wrote:
There is a new idea, if no one local can take them, maybe local people can  provide transport.. do a little bunderground ..I have a rabbit educator in Az who can take a few if we can get them there.

I can help with transport.... and possibly a few days of room & board if needed to make a connection.

Ditto we can't go to far but we can help. Even as a rest stop.

right now I'm waiting mostly for replies to the email that just went out the other day. Fair warning anyone who can help in any transport if the bun is going your direction I full plan to take you up on it ;)

so keep your paws crossed that this will do the trick. -Gabby

we are still waiting on homes for these buns. with the economy and everything things aren't looking good for animals in need.

I am hoping to get to the house to get some pictures, but it has to work out to be a day both the owner and I can get there. unfortunally our days don't line up much, and when I do have a day off snowstorms like to kick in...

Please just pass the word around these rabbits are still in need.

I am going to be writting something up but me and anyone I know is out. MSPCA is closing three shelters down. 40 plus rabbits at the Springfield MSPCA which is the first to be closed March 30th.

JadeIcing wrote:
I am going to be writting something up but me and anyone I know is out. MSPCA is closing three shelters down. 40 plus rabbits at the Springfield MSPCA which is the first to be closed March 30th.

yeah they were just talking about that at work today, talk about getting scary. hate to see how things are going. I really need to get to bed..

things are looking sad and scary

PBJ wrote:
I can help transport if anyone comes this far south or be a drop off point for the night
i did have a rescue in AZ tell me she could take 2,... of course there is the distance between ct and AZ to cover.. I am hopefully going to see the buns on monday, so I can get a better idea how they are doing and what theycan handle at this point...plus I will be taing up to date pictures.

JadeIcing wrote:
Maybe we could coordinate a bun-drop halfway between you and me?

Icould cover transport to the Pennsylvania/NJ border (Rte 80 / Delaware Water Gap)...and maybe a bit further.

Imight be able topackup to6....maybe 8...in my itty bitty car,...if it is only transport.
Any carriers available for loan?

I can do anovernight stay formaybe 2 buns.....okay, maaaaybe 3 or 4.
Bunk space is very limited.

JimD wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Maybe we could coordinate a bun-drop halfway between you and me?

Icould cover transport to the Pennsylvania/NJ border (Rte 80 / Delaware Water Gap)...and maybe a bit further.

Imight be able topackup to6....maybe 8...in my itty bitty car,...if it is only transport.
Any carriers available for loan?

I can do anovernight stay formaybe 2 buns.....okay, maaaaybe 3 or 4.
Bunk space is very limited.
well i've only had the offer for 2 out west. so you'd only have to house 2 if this becomes a reality. thank you for the offer.

If any are coming through Illinois, I wouldn't mind taking one or two, especially Simba. Poor things, some of them are so old to be moving.

ok I will be seeing the rabbits on Monday. weather permitting(mother nature be nice) I will take pics and post when I get home. A sanctuary in RI offered to take Simba the angora, the only one she is making room for. it gives me the chance to get there and check everybunny out.

right now i'm gonna say any members in the USA interested post, we can see if we could make a bunny train, I'd say yes to anyone on here who is in good standing and seems to be a good bunny parent, from the groups point of view. does that make sence?

Back