Celery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
I've had Rory for almost a month and a half now and I've found that we're settling into a routine of sorts with his salads. He gets a variety of veggies, but he pretty much always has romaine, green leaf or red leaf lettuce, and lately celery. I know the lettuce is okay for him to have every day, but what about the celery? I usually give him somewhere between half and a whole stalk with leaves. Every day he also gets at least one other green like mustard greens, parsley, cilantro, collard greens or carrot tops, as well as carrot, basil, dill, broccoli, cucumber, bits of fruit... I know that some of those veggies need to be limited, but is it okay for him to have celery every day considering he gets a bunch of other stuff, too?

Thanks!

Celery is okay to feed, but not what I would feed on any regularity at all as it has strings that the buns can choke on, or can possibly get tangled on digestion in the intestines. Also, celery has no nutritional values, it's basically just water;).

Aww, darn! Considering how pungent it is, you'd think it would have a lot of nutrients or something. Hmm. Is it worthless to feed, then? Also, I slice all Rory's celery into little thin half centimeter slices because of the strings, so at least that problem is solved. Does it at least have a lot of fiber with all those strings?

It's good that you cut them, for sure. Here is all I have found on Celery in a table compared to others;). In this thread, see the post by "Zee". Most are down, but the calcium level is up a bit, but not compared to say Parsley or Romaine and with these as far as fibre levels;).Parsley and Romaine are two of the best and as I've heard, Dandelion greens are great for the GI Tract:).

Celery is just not anecessary veg to feed IMO, of course, feel free to feed it as a different "treat":):

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=10562&forum_id=1&highlight=vegetable

Latest posts

Back