cecal water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
My babies are 23 days old. They are starting to have alot of interest in their hay and pellets. I have been mixing formula with cecal water for 5 days now to give them that happy flora they need to survive. How long should I give them the cecal water? The reason I ask is I'm running out and can't seem to find anymore cecal droppings. It's almost like my flemish made a one time donation. Do you think they have received enough? I also have some cecal dropping in a water bottle in their cage but they haven't learned how to drink from it yet. they are trying.

How long should I bottle feed them for? Would it be ok to wean them once they are eating good on their own? As long as they have enough good flora they should be ok shouldn't they? but again, how do i know?

Question , worries, worries, questions....

I don't know - but I would think if they're eating and drinking and stuff they should start making their own cecals pretty darn soon.

I wish I could be of more help...

Peg

I've been trying to hand raise a little orphan wild rabbit my friend found and read somewhere that they start producing their own cecal droppings at three weeks of age.

Back