cats or rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas

Reaction score
Ok just curious... I know this is a bunny forumso I can imagine the answers but just a question... what do you thinkis better as for the up keep,care and cuddly factor. Rabbits or cats? Iknow both have to be cleaned after for the litter, and they both arefluffy and cuddly. But cats you can hold and love on and sleep with, Idont have a bunny or a cat So I was just curious of someopinions...

Thank You

I would say it depends on the individual animal,rather than the species. Some cats love to be cuddled, are fastidiousin cleaning themselves, excellent at using litter boxes, love toplay...and some rabbits are the same way. Some cats hate to be cuddled,tend to not keep themselves as clean as others, are messy with litterboxes, dislike interacting and playing...and some rabbits are the sameway. Sometimes it's a hit or miss with finding an animal companion whowill turn out to be just how you picture them being...but I think thebiggest factor is in bonding...in feeling that 'connection'...with thatone special pet.

(P.S. If you are seeking a pet who is low maintenance, you may or maynot find one that quite suits you...but trust that even with the mostlow-maintenance pet, you should always be prepared in case somethingunexpected happens.)

It depends completely on the individual animal.For instance, my cat is the friendliest, softest, cuddliest cat I haveever met in my life and requires a lot of attention! However myrabbits are very different. Care wise I probably do a bit more for themhowever they are very different personality wise. They are much moreplayful, cheeky, destructive andfunny than my cat, howeverthey aren't really cuddly rabbits. They will sit on my knee and come upfor pets,use me as a climbing frameand generallylaze about beside me but they don't like being picked up and cuddledlike my cat does. Of course there will be some cuddly rabbits andnon-cuddly cats so I wouldn't judge it completly on the animal, it'sbest to find the individual animal best suited for you by lookingaround rescues and other places.:)

I personally prefer rabbits over cats, simply because;
1) rabbit food doesn't smell because it isn't meat
2) a rabbit's litter box doesn't smell like a cat's does (I cat-sat forsome friends and was gagging while cleaning out the cat litter!!)
3) if a rabbit poos where it's not supposed to, it's easy to clean up
4) rabbits make very little noise in comparison to cats (there are some very, very vocal cats!)
5) buying veggies, hay, and so on tends to be cheaper than buying cat food, at least where I live
6) You're less likely to get seriously scratched!

Cats do have their plus points, but for me, at least, a rabbit will winevery time. You can cuddle with a bunny and carry them around and lovethem in just the way that you would with a cat. Just be sure that youchoose a bunny who loves cuddles :)

I prefer rabbits too, but only just!:) It costsus more to keep our rabbits here, the price of cat food is less thanthe price of veggies and dry rabbit food, for us it's easier to cleanthe cat, he goes outside for the toilet, then comes back in quick aspossible! I would say cats are better to cuddle too, they love to lieon your knee, and will stay there for hours!

But, rabbits are still better!:D

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

I have both cats and rabbits. Ingeneral, cats are easier to care for although they do smellmore. My kittens are both cuddlebugs and usually one or theother is on my lap. But rabbits hold a special place forme. Even though none of my rabbits will cuddle with me on mylap, and one doesn't even like to be touched, there's something verydifferent about sharing the love of a rabbit. They areincredibly sweet creatures even when they're naughty or angry.

I agree with what everyone here has said. I owna cat and he loved to cuddle and get his belly scratched. However, myrabbit also loves to be held and petted (well, he did before he hadsurgery, now he's just plain mad, LOL), and like naturstee, it'ssomething about him that holds a special place in my heart. I love mycat, and I love my dog, but my rabbit is the center of my universe. :D

Latest posts

Back