Cat Victim

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techtress

Reaction score
This is probably a weird questin to ask, but isthere a humane way to put to sleep a cat attack victim that is inreally bad shape? It still has a heartbeat but has stopedmoving/blinking and has gone limp. :(

I'm more of a dog person than a cat person cause I dont like the sport hunting thatcats do. :(

Are you referring to an animal that a cat has attacked, or the cat itself?

RaspberrySwirl

Oh, I see... Iwasn't sure what you were saying or what the circumstances were. Somepeople live in places where there are a lot of feral cats...

Anyway, the baby... Man, I don't know the most humane way, PamNockwould probably know, but I know in the old days they drown them, hitthem on the head, or shot them. Of course it's too small toshoot.

I know of a friend that had to put a baby cat out of it's pain and putit in a bag and filled it with spray can of aerosol of some sort, maybesomeone knows what that is... and it put the baby to sleep.

RaspberrySwirl

Yes, now that you say that. That is what it was.

I just want to make it clear, because I'msure this is a touchy subject, if something happened to one of myown animals, I would take it to the vet. However, in this case, Ithink what techtress is doing is trying to be humane and I was simplyanswering her question to the best of my ability because no one elsehad.

Most people couldn't afford an expensive vet bill to put down a wild baby rabbit.

RaspberrySwirl

Sorry Itpassed But its a blessing , it isnt inpain any more . Be thankfullfor that at least .

Rasberry No hon No wrroies I just had topost in the Rainibow Bridge is all Icouldnt respond anyother way atther Moment .

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I just want to make it clear,because I'm sure this is a touchy subject, if something happened toone of my own animals, I would take it to the vet. However, inthis case, I think what techtress is doing is trying to be humane and Iwas simply answering her question to the best of my ability because noone else had.

Most people couldn't afford an expensive vet bill to put down a wild baby rabbit.

RaspberrySwirl

If I could aford it, I would have taken it to a vet. My roomate wasrather ticked that I took it away from the cat. I just couldnt leave itthere with the cat and go about my day after seeing it try and crawlaway. :( I suspected that this could be a touchy subject and I'm sorryif I've offended anyone. I'm glad it has passed on on its own.

If they are offend so be it, Im not offended ,One has todo what one has to do . ItsSunday and not many Vets are open rightnow and ER visits are exteremlyCostly , You did the right thingin asking for help that countsand Gies a long way with Me .

Many vets will euthanize injured wildlife forfree. Just something to keep in mind and ask your vet forfuture reference. Wildlife rehab books usually suggest etheron a rag and a closed container. You probably would have toget the ether in advance from a vet. I doubt it's readilyavailable over the counter.

Raspberry, your friend probably used a cannister of carbondioxide. It's another method of humanely euthanizingwildlife. Again, it would have to purchased in advance from achemical supply or oxygen supplier.

I have checkedbecause my friend lives out on a farm where he has these things happen.He uses the ether method.If I understand correctly startingfluid, which can be bought at an automotive place, or Tractor Supply iswhere he gets his, is the same thing and is what he keeps on hand forthose emergencies.

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back