Cat toys with catnip?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zkeaton

Reaction score
I wanted to get some cat toys because i thought it would literally be (enter cat pun here) perfect! but uh some of them have catnip... i dont really trust pet stores for research anymore... help?

is catnip safe for bunnies is what im trying to say...

Catnip is not safe for bunnies. It is highly toxic.

Any source for this information?

I doubt it. At least if it is not fed as staple food, but it is almost impossible to poison rabbits with plants that are pretty harmless to other mammals.
There may some toxins when fresh (as there are in completly harmless apple seeds), but I doubt there's any fresh catnip in that toy.

Imho catnip in a toy is safe.

Last edited:
Any source for this information?

I doubt it. At least if it is not fed as staple food, but it is almost impossible to poison rabbits with plants, and not with stuff that is harmless to other mammals.

google said it was an herb so it would be fine as long as it was fresh and not dried. y'all have me stumped now tho lol

in my experience, catnip isn’t worth it. Some rabbits don’t react well to it. 2 of my rabbits had a reaction to it and I had to rush them to a vet. Maybe it’s just them but I don’t know. Of course it’s up to you if you give your bunny catnip.

Other way round. A lot of toxins detoriate when plants get dried.
Fresh catnip is listed as somewhat toxic. Some smell in a toy does nothing.

in my experience, catnip isn’t worth it. Some rabbits don’t react well to it. 2 of my rabbits had a reaction to it and I had to rush them to a vet. Maybe it’s just them but I don’t know. Of course it’s up to you if you give your bunny catnip.

i think i'll play it safe... it wont hurt to save that money for something i know that is safe and entertaining! thank you for helping me!

Other way round. A lot of toxins detoriate when plants get dried.
Fresh catnip is listed as somewhat toxic. Some smell in a toy does nothing.

google is full of it when it comes to rabbits. thank you for helping me!

Back