Cat on couch, rabbit wants to check it out...bad idea?

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep your cat's claws clipped. If she swipes and grazes the rabbit and her claws are sharp, she might make a small puncture which could turn into an abscess... but if they are clipped they won't do any damage if it's just a warning swat.

I have two cats that are fairly laid back, but Pepper likes jumping right on top of them if they are on the couch. One of my cats just walks away, the other will just lay there and not move and ignore Pepper until she sticks her head under her chin for grooming. Then my cat will hiss and swat at Pepper. The cats don't have claws, so I am not worried about pepper getting scratched, but I always keep a close eye on them when they are near each other just in case things get out of hand. As for the soft couch for peeing on, Pepper is litter trained (so much that she will stop eating her favorite treats just to go use her litter), but she has peed on the couch 3 times, and I have taken to keeping a rubber backed mat down on one side of the couch for her to sit/lay on, so that if she decides to pee, it won't go through to the couch. You can see it in the pics below of her and my female cat hanging out together on the couch.

998110_10151402707691442_208564221_n.jpg

1025863_10151402712906442_1290022774_o.jpg

As gentle as my kitty is, I will always watch her closely when Sophie is out of her condo. I've had my cat for 18 years and I know her very well but she still is a predator and this always has to be considered.

Latest posts

Back