Carrot the bunny!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor little love. My Snowy used to look at bit like her when Houdini was in his spraying phase and I was always cleaning him up.

I hope she gets better quickly, what a surprise if she is pregnant.

Diarrhea is not good for bunnies and if it isn´t treated quickly, it can sometimes be fatal but looks like you´ve caught it well in time.

Keep us posted as to how she´s doing, she´s such a pretty girl and is so lucky to be with you.

THIS IS THE MOST GLORIOUS DAY EVER!!! CARROT HAS HAD BABIES!!!! It happened probably between 12 a.m. and 2 a.m. of any time between August 28 and 29, 2013. BABIES WERE BORN HERE!!! BABY BUNNIES!!!
OMG WHEN could I imagine that someone as humble as I would have the eternal bless of having baby bunnies being born here?

What a wonderful surprise, hope all the little ones are OK and hope she´s looking after them. Baby bunnies are just gorgeous. Hope we can see some pics when you have time. Keep us posted.

And Carrot has been a sweetie! She's been sick but she got better, she's eaten like a lion today!! And she really likes when I visit her, she greets me so sweetly!!! She's not aggressive at all, she's really sweet!

She obviously knows how worried you have been and how much effort and time you've spent looking out for her! Well done.
Devon carrot sends her congrats too, and said she will be an extra auntie if needed

AUntie Devon Carrot she is then!! haha We need aunties, as many as possible! And still need your prayers! Please get the whole Devon praying for Carrot if you can..
I don't know if it's normal for a bunny not to be with the newborn babies.. she spent a lot of time in her bathroom (she was bleeding, didn't want to make a mess in the nest) and then went to rest at her usual place, not the nest.. is that normal? I can go really close to the nest (could even touch it if I wanted, although I know not to do it) and she won't even check it out. I hope she doesn't abandon the babies :pray:

By the way, Carrot is the name they gave to her. Her name (that I gave) is actually THALULAH. So

THALULAH HAS HAD A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah looks like some good newborn advice is needed I know nothing so hopefully the knowledge will come pouring in how do pronounce her new name phonetically ta lu LA ?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Thanks, Auntie Devon Carrot!
Her name would be pronounced like "tah-loo-lah", 1st "a" stressed :)
She's still been at her usual place, not with the babies. She didn't go back to see them in a while. I wonder if that's normal. She doesn't seem too well this morning bu maybe she's just really tired and needs to rest, she's lost a LOT of blood.

Why don´t you post something on the breeding forum as they will give you advice on what is normal and what she should be doing. I know that she should be feeding the babies and when she has fed them, you´ll be able to feel and see their full tummies. If she doesn´t do that, then you need to worry as they will need to eat.

Thank you everybody for your prayers and advice. Carrot isn't with me anymore, yesterday she was taken by 2 people from the bunny rescue group that gave me her, hopefully they'll know what to do better than me. Other people there have lots of experience with bunny maternity and have vets they say they can trust (I myself don't trust ANY, they all let me down really bad and either abandoned treatment, made the bunnies worse or killed pets..) so hopefully they'll all be in better hands now.

Keep praying for them.

They told me there were 9 babies, Carrot nursed them after she got to her new home and it seems like they're all fine! :)

I'll post some pics of Thalulah (Carrot) and the babies.

These are the babies!!! Er.. the nest I mean.. I was afraid of touching it and messing things up.. I have too much respect for it.. but I could hear the babies "tweeting" and they moved a whole lot, they're very active and healthy!

1babies-7583.jpg

This is my dear Thalulah after giving birth - she was exhausted, but VERY, VERY HAPPY AND RADIANT!!

1thalulahmommy-7596.jpg

Sad eyes when she was given to me... people from the rabbit rescue group called her "difficult" 'cause she didn't like people, she always ran and hid (God knows what they did to her or how she was treated..)
1 day after she was here with me, she was my best friend and would jump any tall barriers looking for me, didn't want to stay by herself.. sweet, sweet bunny!!!! :hearts

1luhliesadeyes-7590.jpg

1sadluhlibefore-7593.jpg

Too big to fit? For her that's not a problem at all!!

1lulinhainapot-7591.jpg

My beautiful Thaluhli (her name changes...) :)

1preciousluhli-7592.jpg

1thalulah-7594.jpg

Her FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!

1thalulahinapot-7595.jpg

1thiluhliinthegarden-7597.jpg

1luhli-7589.jpg

Last edited:
I've just read that 5 of her babies are black and 4 are pink :group2:
The person who's with her is a vet, so hopefully she'll have some decent assistance now

She is just gorgeous, I do love the REWs, I have a dwarf one. I hope she gets good care with her little ones and they all do well. Will you see her again, seems such a shame that she really got on well when she was with you and now you don´t have her.

What are "REWs"?

I don't know if I'll see her again. She had an adopter even before she came here, she was just waiting for the male bunny to be neutered, then she had the babies, so I think when she's done nursing them she'll move to her new home (like I promised to her).

These are some pics of the babies (they took - I haven't seen them, they're in another city). Unfortunately 4 of them died, I don't know why. The other 5 and Carrot/Thalulah seem to be ok.

Babies in the nest:

1babies1-7676.jpg

BABIES!! Awww they're so cute! I want to kiss the top of each head there!

2bebes-7677.jpg

There is nothing more adorable than baby bunnies, I really do hope Carrot finds a wonderful forever home. REW´s are red eyed whites. She´s quite a girl, lot of bunny hugs for her from my three.

Hey Brazil carrot good to hear from you, sorry that some of the babies didn't make it :sosad
Fingers crossed that she and the survivors have a great life wherever they end up

Latest posts

Back