carrot-color until deep pink / red drops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitor

Reaction score
hello

for the latest 2 months, I find carrot-color until deep pink / red drops from my bunny

I have taken it to the doctor, who found nothing from his bowel, bladder, etc. the doctor checked his urine for bacteria and found nothing, but found erythrocytes

he had a pneumonia like respiratory infection which was successfully treated with antibiotics (and aspirin once) twice in these two months, one at the begining (before I find these drops) and one after one month

can you tell me please what this can be and how to treat it?

the bunny doesn't show any loss of apetite or laziness or something

but this worries me alot

can you also ask anyone else who knows and can help?

it must not be color substance from his food, because we haven't made any change in his food

also, I don't know where this blood-like liquid comes from, but I think it must be from his urine

thanks!

What does his diet consist of? And take him back to the vet again especially if there's blood. I've never heard of pink or red stool so I would definetley get that checked out. What do you mean by color substance in the food? There shouldn't be any in the pellets or hay unless you've been feeding treats that are colorful then that might be where it's originating from other then that I'm afraid I'm not that much of help. Hope the bun gets better!

Bunny urine can be bright red in colour, this is normal. But urine dripping is not normal. It could be a bladder or urinary tract infection? I can't say for sure, but hopefully another member can help you more.

If you can find a specifically rabbit/exotic pet doctor, they might be more knowledgeable on the issue.

If your vet found blood in the urine, did they investigate why besides ruling out bacteria and a urinary tract infection as the cause? Did they palpate the bladder and kidneys for irregularities, or take xrays to make sure the presence of blood wasn't due to bladder sludge or stones, or kidney problems? Was a blood test done to check to make sure kidney function was normal?

Is your rabbit showing any signs of other bladder or kidney issues like straining to urinate, dribbling urine, sludgy thick urine, urine soaked bottom, loss of litter habits, increased/decreased thirst/urination, increased appetite?

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Uro_gen_diseases/generalities/Sludge.htm

Erythrocytes are red blood cells so I don't know why this was not addressed when the vet found them. Maybe a 2nd opinion with a rabbit saavy vet would help ?

Back