Carpet eater and pooper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepsiCola

Reaction score
My bunny cola is such a trouble maker! She loves to rip out my carpet constantly! I cant stand it!!! I live in an apartment and she is going to be the reason why i might lose my deposit! I have holes in the carpet everywhere. Is there anything i can do to make her stop???
She also is littertrained, but now she decided to only pee in the litterbox (outside the cage) and it seems she holds all her poop back til she gets out so she can drop it everywhere but the box. help!

Make sure the litter box is always very clean,that will make a diffrence. And as to the carpet there are things you can buy (sprays) that you can put on the carpet to stop cats and dogs,they may work for rabbits

I may have the same situation in a few months when I move, and my apartment doesn't allow pets, but my bunny loves to destroy. One thing I'm considering doing is buying some cheap carpet rugs from Wal-Mart and covering the room. Covering seems to be the only thing I can think of. I'm also going to have to worry about chewing walls and furniture (my apartment comes furnished). Good luck.

Make sure you give her lots of other things to dig.

Phone books, grass mats, cardboard, boxes with newspaper in it...whenever she starts digging at the carpet, say NO loudly - just loud enough to surprise her. Pick her up and put her on something she's allowed to chew and dig. Be diligent - you'll have to do it everytime you see her.

Also - see if you can get cheap mats to cover any areas she really likes digging in.

:( It's hard to change their minds when they decide to do something. Key is to distract her with stuff she is allowed to do.

The pooping and peeing is territorial claiming. The hard thing will be to get her to stop it. You may have to lock her back up as a "time out" whenever she starts doing it. You basically have to somehow show her that this is your territory and she is a guest, not an owner.You know your rabbit best to best figure out how to convey this properly.

As for the digging, the above answers I agree with. It seems that she wants to dig to me by your description. Distractions seem to make this improve (that and diligence to stop the carpet chewing).

thanks a lot. i do have some things, but i guess i will add some more matts and stuff. pooping is probably going to be tougher.

Latest posts

Back