Carolyn....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrabbits

Reaction score
All right Carolyn. I have heard alot of talk fromyou about cali. Now I have heard just about enough.... I wont listenany more untill I get to see some pictures. ;)

Oooo, I've seen some of her pictures, but I would love to see more!!!!! She's such a pretty girl :)

Thanks for asking, showrabbits.? (And thank you, Bo.)?

Showrabbits, Fair's fair.? I'd love to see pictures of your crew, ifyou're able.? Let me know if I canhelp.??? ?You asked for it...here's my girl!?

One question I've been meaning to ask you is when do they stop growing?Pam and you told me about the Calf Manna and Pam said to give it to heunder growth stops, but I'm not sure if it's a year or up to 14 monthsas someone had once said. Please guide me. Thanks so much!

Don't forget...I want to see pictures of your litters. :)

I don't have a scale, babybunnywrigley, but shedefinitely clears 10 lbs. and is growing. Don't know if youever saw the picture of Buck clipping her nails, but it also gives youan idea of her size.

She has no clue how beautiful and big she really is. She's like a puppy in that regard.

:)

-Carolyn

Hibabybunnywrigley,

Look at the difference of when Buck cut Tucker's nails. Cali's a Flemish Giant, while Tucker's a Polish.

-Carolyn

Hi babybunnywrigley,

Tucks is just a little over 4 lbs, but he's a chunky monkey!He's the smallest breed of rabbits before you get into the dwarf sizes,however, I've seen them listed as a dwarf in somepublications.Their weight can rangeanywhere from 2.5lbs. on up.

Caliis a Flemish Giantand is thebiggestdomestic breed from what I understand. Theycan range anywhere from 14-22 lbs. Showrabbits cantell you about Flemish. She breeds them and she knows so muchabout them. She's been a big help in getting mestartedwith my Cali-Girl.

Have any pictures of your baby? Would love to see some!

-Carolyn

Yay!!!

Thank you so much for putting up pictures, Carolyn. :D I just love Calisooo much. I love that look on her face too, that "yeah, I own thisplace" look. :p

Last night Dave and I were roaming through the pet store and saw somelarge wire dog crates. I told him "That's what we're going to get whenwe get a Flemish" Not if, when. By the time we were headed to the car,I was like "when we get a pair...."

Too Funny, Steph!

I got a great deal on Cali's cage through e-bay. It's brandnew, has two doors, and was only $60. I got the largest dogcage I could find.

I hope you do have a Flemish someday. They're such bigbabies. Last night, I was holding Cali like a baby as Iwatched t.v. She was so good, she just laid there on thecouch for the longest time without a fuss. She was going tosleep in my arms. I could never do that with Tucker or Fauna.

Raspberry has been after me to post more pictures of Cali too.

-Carolyn

I know we need to wait to get another rabbit, butman alive do I WANT! :p None of my rabbits are cuddlers either, par forthe course for most of us I think. When I see those picture of Cali, Ijust want to pic her up and snuggle - even if she could throw my backout in the process. ;)

It's funny, Valuran only likes to be pet when he's in the cage, hewants nothing to do with us when he's outside of the cage, unlessthere's food involved of course.

*giggles at Stephanie*

I definitely have to sit down when I'm holding Cali to support her weight.

I was telling Buck that she would be just as happy in my house asanyone else's as long as she's getting the love and attentionshedemands. I've gotten to the point where I have"Cali jeans and sweatshirts" because if she's out and I don't pet her,she'll bite my clothes - and although she doesn't mean to, she puts ahole in it. She's much stronger than she realizes.

-Carolyn

I want a Flemmy!!!

::twitch squirm::

Shawn wont let me have anymore buns since Gir, who was supposed to beHIS bunny is a little brat. Thats why I have Gaz therat. Maybe when we move out and he gets his ferret...::grins::

I just LOVE Cali. I wanna cuddle her and squeeze her and give her craisins!

It must be great to have a rabbit who likes to snuggle like a cat. :)

*sigh*....my dream bun....

Ok, not to say I don't love my rabbits, they are affectionate in theirown ways, but still. What I'd give to have one of them like to be held.Instead you'd think I was trying to torture them or something.

Oh Oh Oh!!! Look at Cali! Carolyn, I am so happythat you posted some more pics of our Cali girl, she has such adebutante air to her! I know what you mean about them not knowing theirown size, Diva is that same way! Cali is so gorgeous, she looks asthough she has some white hairs that almost seem to glow and give her ahaloed look.

Fergi's mom

Carolyn wrote:
Hi babybunnywrigley,

Tucks is just a little over 4 lbs, but he's a chunky monkey!He's the smallest breed of rabbits before you get into the dwarf sizes,however, I've seen them listed as a dwarf in somepublications.Their weight can rangeanywhere from 2.5lbs. on up.

Caliis a Flemish Giantand is thebiggestdomestic breed from what I understand. Theycan range anywhere from 14-22 lbs. Showrabbits cantell you about Flemish. She breeds them and she knows so muchabout them. She's been a big help in getting mestartedwith my Cali-Girl.

Have any pictures of your baby? Would love to see some!

-Carolyn
Wow! Flemish Giants are bigger than both of my cats! :shock:

Back