Carefresh!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a 1st time bunny owner and I decided to use carefresh as Penelope's bedding... but right now as I type she's eating it!! She has pellets and alfalfa/timothy hay.. am I doing something wrong?! Is this harmful to her? Please help =( The packaging doesn't say non-toxic or toxic on the packaging? I have no idea what to do!

max sometimes eats his own litter...

i can't tell whether its the pellets or the dry poos.... either way it's weird and i don't really understand, but so far no problems.

if its just the yesterdays news stuff and its a non clumping litter it should be fine

That would make me super worried! Glad your bun bun is okay though =)

She kept on eating it so I took it out because care fresh expands... so in my mind if she only ate a little bit.. as soon as she drank water it'd fluff up inside of her? It's made of recycled paper...

anyone else have problems with their bunny eating clean care fresh?

Eating paper or cardboard (including Carefresh) isn't a problem unless the bunny fills up on it and eats less hay as a result. If she's eating a lot of it though, I would try a new litter. Wood stove pellets are cheap and work great. Yesterday's News also works well.

Personally I don't like Carefresh, my bunny was eating it too (not to mention it's expensive), and I think it's rather dusty. Wood stove pellets are good and cheap, but I found my most favorite is Equine Fresh. It's about $5-$6 for a big bag, and my bunny doesn't eat it. You can find it at most farm/tractor supply stores.

Good luck!

Kim

Latest posts

Back