carefresh

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
I thinking of getting carefresh bedding for mybunny. Like the hole cage. Is it a good idea? i get my stuff from pjspet shop and i need new bedding for my bunny (whole cage and litterbox) any sujestions? And is carefresh good? Would my bunny eat it?

EDIT: Does color matter?

Carefresh is a good bedding, but it gets prettyexpensive. I like wood pellets used for horse stalls much better; likeWoody Pet. It's sold at feed stores and it's the best stuff I've evertried, and really cheap. If you want to litter train your bunny, it'llbe much easier if you only put it in the litter box.;) I don't thinkyour bunny would eat carefresh. It doesn't matter what color it is.

Like Kellyjade, I use a compressed wood pelletdesigned for horse stalls. It works the best out of anylitter I've used.

I've used the wood shavings before, but didn't like them because theywould stick to everything and get kicked out of the cage all over theplace. And they didn't hold odour very well.

I used compressed paper pellets for a long time after that.They worked really well and would recommend them to someone whocouldn't find the wood pellets.

--Dawn

My bunny liked the carefresh stuff, I used theultra carefresh white kind before he was litter trained, but I thinkthat it's a bit too expensive for everyday use.

My bunny is litter trained, but I use Carefreshfor her carrier when we travel long distances in the car. She eatseverything, but she's never eaten Carefresh, and it does a good job atabsorbing pee, doesn't smell much either. Color doesn't matter, it'sjust the colors are more expensive than the cardboard colored one.Cheap as I am, I couldn't resist buying pink for my girl, and my friendgot blue for her boy - cuuuute!

I use carefresh for my buns. They've never eatenit and it is really absorbant. I haven't had any problems with theprice so far, but there are probably cheaper/better alternatives outthere. :)

Edited to add: My buns are pretty much litter-trained so I use it as litter.

I would use wood stove pellets or Woody Pet,they are very absorbent and they do work to keep the bunny pee smelldown. I clean my litter boxes every 2-3 days and I can't smell bunnypee at all....and my bunnies live right in my bedroom with me where Ispend all my time.

In my opinion, Carefresh smells really nasty when wet and I used itwith my rats/mice....I can't imagine what it smells like when a bunnypees on it. I also don't think it absorbs well, at all.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I started out using CareFresh with Maisie (backwhen she was a single bun), and quickly found the cost addingup. Yes, bunny things aren't that expensive, but it does addup sometimes.

I wound up not enjoying the smell so much, and finding somethingelse...and now use wood pellet horse bedding that I find at the localtack & feed place. :) It's worth checkingaround (even in MSN yellowpages online) to see if there's one nearyou. That way, you can get a HUGE bag (fills about two 5gallon buckets) of the wood pellet horse stall bedding for about thesame price ($6) as you spend on CareFresh. And it lasts a bitlonger than a month (for my three girls), whereas the CareFreshwouldn't even last a day with us. :shock:

It's so worth at least checking around! :D

Latest posts

Back