Carefresh free sample and coupon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my free sample in the mail today - its a tiny sample. There are no seeds in the food but it does have what looks like dried fruits. It also comes with a coupon buy one bag get one free.

Manufacturer: CAREFRESH

That's why the first three ingredients are Timothy hay, orchard grass and brome grass. Proper ingredients are critical to your rabbit's health, as are the food's physical properties, like a dense, hard pellet for good dental health, as well as a variety of shapes and flavors to encourage your pet's instinctual foraging behavior.

Ingredients:
Timothy hay, orchard grass, brome grass, alfalfa, oats, corn, ground split peas, carrot, brewers dried yeast, molasses, yeast, yeast extract, sodium bentonite, lignin sulfonate, dl-methionine, l-lysine, vitamin e supplement, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of stabilized vitamin c), salt, choline chloride, anise, natural and artificial flavors, ferrous sulfate, biotin, yucca schidigera extract, zinc oxide, manganeous oxide, niacinamide, vitamin b12 supplement, rosemary extract, mixed tocopherols, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, beta carotene, vitamin a supplement, calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, folic acid, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin k3), vitamin d3 supplement, cobalt sulfate.

Guaranteed Analysis:

* Crude protein (min) 12.0%
* Crude fiber (max) 24.0%
* Crude fat (min) 2.0%
* Moisture (max) 10.0%
* Ash (max) 10.0%
* Omega 3 (min) 0.26%
* Omega 6 (min) 0.6%

Maybe I'll give the coupon to my neighbor - her bunny's food has seeds in it. I like my Bunny Basics.

Thanks for posting our link. :) There is no fruit in the bunny food - just a few peas and carrots here and there. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I recently switched my Netherland Dwarf over to CareFRESH Complete and he gives it two ears up.

CareFRESH wrote:
Thanks for posting our link. :) There is no fruit in the bunny food - just a few peas and carrots here and there. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I recently switched my Netherland Dwarf over to CareFRESH Complete and he gives it two ears up.

Hey, thanks for signing up!

I'd love to see CareFRESH support our HUGE rabbit rescue. We're trying to get close to 1000 rabbits out of the University of Victoria campus and off to a safe sanctuary in Texas, the Wild Rose Rescue Ranch, before they kill them.

If you can help supply some food, the promotion will pay off in spades and the rabbits will love you!

http://www.tracs-bc.ca/uvicbun.html

sas

Yes! CareFRESH actually has a donation program for rescues. I will send you a message for more details. We'd be happy to help out!

Yay for sure! Thanks again!

And I know the interpretation of rabbit food guidelines always steers people away from 'colored bits' in food, but this is really not true at all. It was true years ago when the pet store like :censored: brands were filled with some ridiculously fattening things, but the key to any rabbit diet is variety, and honestly, the *right* colored bits are a bonus.

I love the protein, fiber and fat counts on CareFRESH, it looks like a good product. I will say that I wish companies but the carb or calorie counts on there, but none of them do.

Another strong warning from the house rabbit experts is to avoid seeds and grains, and this is something I'd like to do more research on. Pipp almost died when she OD'd on rolled oats, but that was an OD. I don't think rabbits eat grains much in their natural environment, but I do question putting the kibosh on even a few seeds because I think that may be something that they do eat naturally, although that said, they are fattening and not for everybunny, nor for more than a minor part of the diet. But again, more research is needed. And its irrelevant to this thread because there are no seeds in CareFRESH.

Back on topic, particularly appealing is the hard pellet (are they extruded?) and the different shapes. People don't realize how important this is for the dental wear. I always feed different brands of pellets (and different types of hay and grass) mixed together for this reason.

So far, so good.

sas

I thought all pellets were extruded? How do they get their pellet shape if not extruded? :?

Latest posts

Back