Cardboard Play house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
I took a Staples paper box from work and broughtit home. I went to work cutting windows and doors andsuch. I even made a little front porch. I filledthe bottom with old magazines.

SHE LOVES IT!!!

She's already started doing some remodeling to the windows.

What a great thing to do, babymommy.

WAY to go!

Baby's so lucky to have you.

-Carolyn

wow tt's awesome. y not slip in a photo so tat wecan get some ideas? i would love to build one for bitbitbudi have a hard time finding those realli bigboxes. so i juz have to act lyk a box for bitbit and let her scratchand dig. ^_^ :cool:

Thanks! I had been reading so muchabout it and thought well, i know she loves to chew and dig.Maybe it would deter from digging my carpet. It does keep hermore occupied, but she's been super mischevious this past week and whenit's time to get in her cage, unless she goes in on her own, she putsup a fight.

paMbitz,

i took some pictures this weekend while she was remodeling the window(chewing like crazy) But I still have lots of film to take before i canget them developed. I will post them once i get them though.:D

Also....i assume that everyone knows what i mean by a Staplebox. Staples is a copy that delivers officesupplies. We order our copy paper from them. I tookan empty paper box. All I did to the top is cut it in halfand then just put the top back on. This way she can jump inthe box, but she can also jump on top of it to. Then I justtook a box cutter and cut out two doors and left the doors so that itlooks like they open and close and then cut her out some windows withawnings to chew. I took the other half of the lid and laid itdown in front of the house so it looks like a front porch.

She jumps in, climbs in through the doors and window. Shejumps on top to get a view out the window. And she digs andchews on the magazines.

haha ty! i'll nv find a box big enuf for bitbit.she is putting on so much weight since her surgery bud i dun think imover feeding her. she's such a little knotty white ball. lalalalala.

Well, you know Baby had to make a liar out of me last night.

My sister came over to visit last night for a bit. She sawthe playhouse and thought it was so cute. Then she asked,does she like it, and actually play in it. I said sure, sheloves it. So I had to let her out to prove i wasn't crazy.

Did she even go near it???????????????NO. Oh well, my sisterwill get her dose of bunny time when I go on vacation. She's"baby sitting" for me while I'm gone.:D

babymommy wrote:
Well, you know Baby had to make a liar out of me last night.

My sister came over to visit last night for a bit. She sawthe playhouse and thought it was so cute. Then she asked,does she like it, and actually play in it. I said sure, sheloves it. So I had to let her out to prove i wasn't crazy.

Did she even go near it???????????????NO. Oh well, my sisterwill get her dose of bunny time when I go on vacation. She's"baby sitting" for me while I'm gone.:D
Just like a kid! I bet she was all over it after she left. :p

We keep an upside down paper box in Cookie'splaypen. We cut holes in the sides and on each end we cutdoors in the shape of upside down horseshoes. We put a bigcardboard chube in each hole. He loves hisclubhouse! Not only does he hide in there, but sometimes hebrings his toys in there. He also found out that if he movesit close enough to the playpen wall, he can stand on top of hisclubhouse and jump over the playpen and escape!!:p

Wabbitwuv

For all of you who use cardboard for play I havea .Ifrequently have to change the cardboard in their area since they use itsometimes as a pee area :( I dont understand why, their box is twosteps away-and they dont pee anywhere else on the floor ect..not fixedYET and I havecleaned the area with vinegar, my ownconclusion is that Jade tries to mark it as HER PLAYarea anddoesnt want Jezebel messin with it? I cant wait until Icanmake them a home like those described, what an amazingidea.. justhave to make two for now !

Cher

Question: Is itgood for our rabbits to be eating boxes, toilet paper rolls, papertowel rolls, etc? I have put some of these things in with my bunns forthem to play with but all they really do is eat them? How can this begood for them? What kind of other toys can they play with that aresafe?

Thanks,:) "Bren" :)

PS...Where does everyone get alltheir cute emoticons? You know, the ones that aren't listed in the"emoticon box"?

Latest posts

Back