Cappuccino's not eating (resolved!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
Cappuccino, my 1 1/2 yr lop has not been herself since last night. She was eating fine yesterday morning, however we had mash some banana up for Shades due to her teeth issue and hubby forgot to put away the rest that I think Cappuccino may have gotten to. She's normally a very healthy eater and never turn food away, however last night she was in no mood, she even turned down treats. We gave her a dose of Benebac and syringed some CC last night. Attempted to give her water but she only took a little. She also had some poop but no pee. She wasn't sitting in a bunny loaf position but stretched out and kept changing positions like she was uncomfortable. She stayed in her cage last night which is unusual b/c they are cafe free and she only goes in there for the litter pan. I gave her some Pedialtyte this morning and she took it willingly.

Should I give her some Simethicone? She just got a check up at the vet last Thurs and he said everything was good with her. Another thing we were concern with, Shades (another lop) was on Burenex pain med that was administered via her ears. Do you think Cappy may have been exposed to it when she cleans her sister? I hate seeing her like this, she's normally a very active bunny. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Laying on her tummy and shifting around sounds like symptoms of gas. I would give some simethicone and try to do a tummy massage if she will let you.

Thanks Laura, I spoke to hubby and he said she came downstairs on her own with Shades, had some lettuce and a treat. She seemed more active this morning and had some droppings. He did give her some simethicone and also tried to syringe the Pedialyte. She took the gas med no problem but bit the syringe for the Pedialyte in half. I can see her feisty persona coming back.

Now I'm just anxiously awaiting until I can get home and see her in about about 5 hours.:( I'm really hoping it's just gas.

The sugar in the banana probably disrupted thebeneficial microorganisms in her GI tract. I would give benebac again tomorrow and give simethicone and pedilayte tonight.

Also take away the pellets and greens and feed her a hay only diet for a few days. Push fluids and hay

Saw the update in your blog, Helen. Cappy is doing better, I take it? I sure hope so. :pray:

Don't scare momma, little girl! She's been through a lot with Shades recently!!;)

Thanks Maureen and Helen. This can now be marked resolved. We did give Cappy another dose of Benebac, simethicone and more Pedialyte. I think it was the overdose of banana. She is back to her old self!

Latest posts

Back