Can You Mix??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalballl

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question. Can you mix the Critical Care powder with Baby food instead of water??

I need to give some to Holly and she loves the baby food so I'm wondering can I just mix it that way to intice her to eat it??

Crystal

Thanks Dawn.

I haven't had to give it to her yet. I almost thought I had to, but then went in the living room and she was eating pellets out of the bowlI put in her pen for her. So we'll wait and see how that works.

Best to mix it with baby food AND water.

When you put Critical Care (or ground pellets) in a bowl and put water in them, you cansee how much it absorbs -- tons! It does the same thing in a bunny's tummy. An issuewith CC has always been that it can suck fluids fromthe stomach/GI tract and thus cause more harm than good,soit MUST be soaked to its saturation point.

Baby food is a great additional mixer.

sas :)

Depending upon how much critical care I'm using....I will use either straight baby food - or baby food and pedialyte (like if I'm using a syringe..).

Of course, I use baby food and pedialyte as much as possible if I'm giving any sort of meds or whatever to help them out.

Peg

Latest posts

Back