:: Can you help identify this sheep ... errr, rabbit ::

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
This "little" guy was found in the woods behindour house last night. A neighbour ran down and said there wasa LITTLE white rabbit hopping about in the woodsand could Ihelp.

Little ... PAH ... the thing is a sheep in disguise !!

I dont want to scare her by a flash photo so I took this attached onesneakily ... she has back feet that look like carpet slippers ... andshe makes Benji look like a mouse!

I cut off some lumps of encrusted poo from her back end last night, butother than tha she looks fine and well. (Will putsome notes in shops today in case anyone has lost her, but I worry thatsomeone thought she was getting too big and just dropped her off in thewoods)

She is very furry ... quite long fur .. but she's not been groomed so looks more like a sheep ...

Yep, it is a sheep .....LOL

It is gorgeous tho, are you gonna keep it if no owner appears?

Susan

I think it's an American Fuzzy Lop looking at breed pics ...

Will I keep her if the owner has disappeared? I dunno what myhusband will say ... :shock: and Benji's having enoughproblems with his hormones without a woman being round the place...

possibly .. :D

Hmm .. not so sure on the American Fuzzy Lop nowas they are only supposed to reach 4 pounds in weight and this onelooks bigger !! :shock:

She's stretched out on the kitchen floor now in the doorway .. totally filling it !!!

She almost looks like a Frenck Lop andAngora mix. if you send PamNock a PM she will be able to tell youbetter than I can.

She is a doll. The poor girl. She is gorgeous.I wouldtake her in a red hot minute. I really hope it's a matter of she gotaway from home rather than somebody dumped her.

I love her color and she looks oh sooo soft. I could hug her all day.

Is she eating, drinking, peeing and pooping ok? She looks healthy but it can be hard to tell from pictures.

She is Gorgeous.

Tina

She's eating, drinking anddoing all the "other stuff" ... Quite happy to plodaround the house and lay down anywhere, but very nervous when I go upto her. Tried to pick her up this morning and she gotextremely distressed, so have left her to make herself at home in herown time. Allows strokes, but certainly doesn't like beingpicked up .. which is a shame as she's just like a big old teddy bear!

Going to put notes in the newsagents windowstoday and see how we go. Don't think we can keep her to behonest as money is a bit tight at the moment (can't even afford Benji'sneuter at the mo) ... will give her a day or so and then call theRSPCA.

I have a sheep too!! :D

P6110283.jpg

But now he is a shaved sheep :p

P6170072.jpg

Your bun is SO adorable :D

~Amy

I think american fuzzy lop.Many purebred lopsexceed the weight they are supposed to weigh.holland lops are supposedto weigh 3 lbs very few of them do.bluebird

i wouild say a american fuzzylop/cashmere,heres a pic of mine which i didnt know the breedto either until some friends told me! lol

cutie.jpg

baby.jpg

hope its a help!!

Saffy that is One big bunny LOL and you are one great person to take the bunny in and look after her........ ummmm it????:p

Good luck in your venture to find the owner, mmm if I lived closer I'dtake her,,, of course I'd be close to being divorced for bringing homeanother bun but hey nothing compares to the love of a bunny LOL..

Seriously though, goodluck :)

ayglnu13 wrote:
I have a sheep too!!

P6170072.jpg

Your bun is SO adorable :D

~Amy

Amy!!!!
What a sweetheart!!!!!!

****seriously considering coming and snitchin' that bun of yours LOL****

I love this pic!

She is stunning!I love thecolor (Frosted Pearl). She is most likely a very large FuzzyLop -- she's not an angora mix. It's not unusual for lops tocarry the wooled gene and produce wooled offspring. My sonhas sheared purebred French Lops, withwool, forsomeone. :)

Pam

Correction: just read the post again -- "He" is stunning :)

Read the post yet again: The "little guy" is also referred to as "she" LOL

Phew! Well.. called my most local RSPCA only to be told they were fulland couldnt take him .. I asked what they would do if I turned up withher .. they replied ... "We would have to put one of the rabbits wehave here, to sleep, as there aren't any cages" ... oh hum!

Derby may take her tomorrow .. I have to call then.

At the moment she is in a pen in the garden andI've been out and cradled her in my arms and cut all her clogged furoff and bathed and cleaned her bum. She took to this quitewell, and kept peeping at me from big brown eyes!

Benji has had a wander round the garden and seemedgreatly excited to see another rabbit .. even though it's three timesthe size of him ... as for MADAM, she wiggled her butt at him keptclose to the sides of the run so he could get close ... but nottooooooo close !

Will keep you all informed ...

Well .. I've asked at thelocal schools .. phoned the local shops and vets in case someone hasreported a rabbit missing .. no joy . When I found he she wasnear a back road, in the woods, which makes me wonder ifsomeone dropped her out of the car. :(

Latest posts

Back