Can we discuss wine??? (!!!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosebunny

Reaction score
Hi there! It's Bosebunny, just wondering, esp. from the Australian members, or others who enjoy indulgences in fine Australian wines, which regions would one reccommend? My husband and I enjoy Margaret River, and Borossa. We also enjoy the grenache/shiraz blends. We might venture to Australia in the next 5-10 years (of course, depending on ...you know, life). Well, I'm interested to hear about these wines. We've enjoyed the finer Austrailan wines for many years now (at least 10+). :thanks:

Yuck :p

I didn't realise Australian wines were up there in fine wines! Hope you find some nice ones! :)

Wish I could help, this is an interesting thread. My hubby knows about California wines, and I love South African wine myself. Have had some good Australia wines but won't be much help. A trip there would be amazing!

I would love to hear some suggestions on good Australian wines. I have tried a couple, but the ones I have tried are really......sweet. If I could find some nice not-so-sweet, but not-too-dry wines, that would be awesome.

Of course, my cork puller broke about 6 weeks ago, and I've been too cheap to get a new one.

Aah, I love wine! :)

But I know very little about it lol.... I know my favourites are grenache, malbec and carmenere (sp?)- but I prefer mostly South-American wines...

We are still kicking ourselves for not taking a trip to Napa though when we were in San Francisco. It was expensive, but if we had the chance again, it would have been well worth the money....

mouse_chalk wrote:
We are still kicking ourselves for not taking a trip to Napa though when we were in San Francisco. It was expensive, but if we had the chance again, it would have been well worth the money....

Next time you're in San Francisco......If you rent a car, you can drive to Napa, and visit different wineries. Many of them offer inexpensive tastings. Of course, one of you has to be the designated driver. :expressionless

I did that once, several years ago. A friend drove me through, and we stopped at 5 or 6 different places, and most of them had tastings for $5-$20, you got to taste from 1 to 5 different things. Just little pours, about the size of a shot. My favorite was Francis Ford Coppola's place, and while you were tasting your little glasses of wine, you could look through a movie museum. The car from The Godfather, costumes from Dracula, and other cool stuff. The wine was really good, too!

Of course, if I had the money, I would probably spring for one of the train tours or something next time.

Ok kinda off topic but I have alway been told that people alergic to sulfer cant drink red wine.

Is that true We where doing a wine tasting the other day and I was afraid to drink it.
Not a fancy one picking one for my friend wedding yes I am only 20.

I don't drink at all other then some wine every once in a while. But I like the Californian wine myself.

WOW! You all are so amazing! My hubby and I took our 10th anniversary through Napa and Sonaoma!! Truly, we loved every minute of it (especially being from Canada, as I am sure many Canadians will relate..the lovely hot, dry summer in California was EXCEPTIONAL-95 degree F. weather-close to 0% humidity...is anything closer to Heaven (and, I ask this as a resident of southern Ont., not just Toronto, but, further south, and west, and closer to the horribly polluted 'rust belt'). So, you must appreciate how we felt so out of our (debt?) to be placed here, at that time in our lives. I only will indicate, it is our (my husband's and mine) taste, that we enjoy the Austrailan wine (shiraz, esp.) more than the Napa/Sonoma 'Syrah'. It is a preference, for us, and definitely not a critism upon the region. We also most definitely enjoy the Niagara whites, esp. "Stratus". Bye the way, did you know that the "2002 Stratus Red" was the wine served to the U.S. President Obama in Ottawa, on his 6 hour visit? What a fine compliment to Ontario wineries! Hurray for "Stratus". (My husband and I have very much enjoyed the "white" Stratus wines. Please sample them, if you can. They are amazing. Wine lovers...unite!:toast:

Latest posts

Back