Can they have just bluegrass?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm ordering hay right now and I get it from Kleenmama's.
The first time I got a timothy/bluegrass mix,
but I guess due to the season all they have right now is bluegrass,
unless i want to buy it in 5 pound bags.

So can bunnies eat just bluegrass or do they have to have timothy?

Hehe, we thought the same, Silvie! I wanted a Bluegrass/Timothy mix too, but Bluegrass was only available in the large amount :p.

Bluegrass is so nice! It's quite expensive here in bales though, at least at the feed store I go to. Yikes! You lucky people :p.

Yea, Amy. Except I think my guys are going to like this better, because when they had a Timothy-Bluegrass mix, they would always pick out the bluegrass to eat first :p. I think it might be sweeter.

They are just going to love it.

Shipping is really expensive though! We payed $22 for the hay + $35 for shipping :shock:!

In an ideal world, your rabbit should be fed a mixture of grass hays. Since each type of hay, and in reality each cut of hay, has a different texture.....it works the teeth in differing ways by requiring different mechanics of chewing which leads to better control of the teeth. Any of the "grass" hays are appropriate. I have used KM Bluegrass and found it to be excellent quality. The only downside I have is that KM is on the left coast and I am on the right coast which means some steep shipping charges. But their hay is worth every penny of it.

There are some other alternatives that offer the same quality of hay and they are closer to you which should mean should lower shipping costs.....Sweet Meadow Farm out of MA and Bunny Bale from western VA. We use a lot of both brands and all our rabbits eat those hays aggressively.

Randy

Latest posts

Back