can they eat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I think no - but I will have tolook up why. I think it has to do with it being a starch, andthey shouldnot really have starch like breads etc..

Potatoes are pure Carbohydrates like bread andcrackers and should be avoided because they lead toobesity. Just more energy that the bun does not use and turnsto fat.

Carbohydrates are one of the "feel good" foods for humans - andalthough I can't say for sure that they also are in rabbits - I had alittle girl that just loved crackers. Although shenever got too many of them, they sure packed on the weight fast.

Raw potato when exposed to sunlight will quickly start to form a mould poisonous to rabbits.

The leaf of the potato plant is also poisonous.

NO POTATOES !!!

Plant, leaves, stems, and eyes are all toxic for buns!

I think that goes for anything in the Nightshade family of plants as well.

so much knowledge.. that saves me from having to look it up. heh. Nice to know the reason too...

my friend gives her bunns potato peelings andshe gave caramel a handful on Sunday, it wont hurt her will it, wontgive them to her again if they are toxic or cause obesity, imstruggling to get her weight down as it is even though i've cut downher portions and giving her more exercise

Back