can someone tell me is this possible

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lucylocket wrote:
a friend of mine has a grey dutch rabbit

an outdoor rabbit

is it to late to train him on a litter tray he is 18 months old

varna xxxx
Hi varna!

My bunnies are all different ages. They were all litter trained with very little difficulty.

I actually only had a little difficulty with the younger buns. The older buns seemed to take to it easier.

Benji was about 18 months when we litter trained him and he took right to it.

S'more is at least 2 1/2 years old and it went well with her, too.

Binkie is about 8 months old now. We started training her at about 6months and then battled with her over it until about a month ago.

~Jim

Last year I got 8 rabbits that were all outdoorbuns that were kept in hutches, year round. I got them inAugust and by November, when I brought them inside, 7 of them weretotally litter trained. They were all between 3 & 8years old. The 8 year old (now 9) is the only one that hasn'ttruly mastered it but, she does pee in the box. So, you canteach an old rabbit "new tricks"!

Definitely agree with the others that it's not too late. :)

I love the way dootsmom put it about you can teach an old rabbit new tricks. :highfive:

Hope you're well, Varna.

-Carolyn

Not too late at all. Infact, in my experience I found it easier to litter train older rabbitsthan young ones. Ahem.angel.ahem.pristine.ahem :p

yup its alot easier to train a more maturerabbit that a kit... and more chance they wont lose the ability but mayneed to consider spay/neuter if havent already xx

Latest posts

Back