can someone identify my bunnys????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

total bunny

Reaction score
i was wondering if some of you could identify my bunnys...

heres brenda..

I think Brenda is a Silver fox....but I'mnot sure...the colouring of her fur is a little bit lighter. She mightbe a cross breed also. A silver fox cross some other type of rabbit.She is such a beautiful bunny:)And Tommy looks like aHimalayan:)His body just looks a bit more shorter than a purebred Himalayan rabbits body. Maybe he is a cross breedtoo...maybe...Himalayan half Netherland Dwarf rabbit. There bothBEAUTIFUL rabbits. Thanks for sharing the pictures:D

Cassandra

SURE! I can tell you!

Both are BEAUTIFUL BUNNIES!!!!!!! :p

Here's a link to the ARBA site where you might be able to identifytheir breed or breed mix........ of course some bunnies look like onebreed but aren't really cause of their size or face structure etc.

http://www.arba.net/photo.htm

They are both mixed breeds with possible lop ormini rex in the backgrounds. If they are larger in size, theyprobably have some type of commercial breed also mixed in.

Brenda is indeed chinchilla in color -- but not one of the chinchillabreeds. She is also"broken marked" (a recognizedcolor in combination with white). That type ofheavy pattern (sometimes referred to as "booted" is often seen in MiniRex). The Vienna gene can also produce a similar pattern, ascan the Dutch marking gene.

Geneticsgurus would also quickly recognize that Tommy is a"broken" Californian (Californian in color -- not breed). Thebroken gene is evident due to the "butterfly" type nose marking and thefact that his feet are pure white. Correctly coloredCal/Himi/pointed rabbits have colored stocking/boots (front &back legs/feet) and colored tails.

They are both very beautiful, healthy looking rabbits!

Pam

total bunny wrote:
Hi!

My name is Brenda and I was surprised to see somebody that had a rabbit named Brenda.How old is your Brenda?

Latest posts

Back