Can rabbits eat bananas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bananas are definitely the food of choice around here! I have to watch Ned though because he will choke on banana if the piece is too big. His portion always gets broken up into teeny pieces. I'll always remember the day Skyler got into my bag and ate 3/4 of a banana all by himself... My theory on why they like bananas so much is 1) they have such a pervasive smell so it's easy to tell if one's around, and 2) they are soft so can be eaten really fast!

Last edited by a moderator:
it's the rabbit brand of treats they get and they get 1 a day

Do you mean you feed an entire banana every day??

Be careful. That is major sugar overload and could cause health problems. It's generally recommended to feed a max of 1 tablespoons worth per day at most.

(Not sure if that's what you meant or not.)

Sydney absolutely loves bananas and will beg for them. If she hears my husband in the kitchen when she's out in the evening, she'll run to the edge of the carpet and wait until he brings her a piece. She is a fruit lover. You do have to watch the amounts they get each day (we've been able to up Syd's a bit, since she is older and can't keep on weight very well, she gets a few more treats throughout the day - fruit and other tasty bits).

Mine love bananas ! I save them a bit of mine every day.

I didn't know you could feed them the peels, is that better for them than the banana itself ?

And I have to watch when I'm cleaning the condo and putting veggies in there for them. My young dog will steal bananas and carrots LOL.

Back