can one bunny be in a hutch by itself?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielrorozco

Reaction score
so i was reading about hutches since im going to make one soon and i read that you should have a hutch only if you have more than one rabbit

is that true? would it be bad to keep only one rabbit in the hutch by herself?

thanks..

Rabbits ideally do need a friend, but if they have enough human interaction then they can be happy by themselves. It would need to be big enough for him to have a good run around though, and obviously fully weather and rabbit proof.

male rabbits can not be kept together,females can be-if they are like mom and daughters,-even second generation,..one rabbit-only-use a mirror so he thinks he has a friend,i hope this rabbit will have plenty of room to run around,jump,-kept at room temp.,with both bottle and bowl- water access,salt lick--good quality pellets.ie.puria rabbit chow,.-with timothy/orchard grasses,and lots of reading about rabbits,sincerely james waller

It depends on the rabbit. Most rabbits are happier having a friend but some are fine by themselves especially with a lot of human interaction. The best pairs are usually a desexed male and female but two females usually get along.

I just want to add that I agree with Numbat, it DOES depend on the rabbits. Males can live with males, males can live with females, and females can live with females IF their personalities go with each other (and obviously they would need to be desexed).

It's all about the bunny.

Latest posts

Back