Can I vent here?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susansheila

Reaction score
Okay, I'm on vacation in Maine.
While I'm sitting on the beach a woman appears with a small lop bunny. Someone says to her does it go in the water? So the owner picks up the bunny and puts the bunny in the water (shallow water). The poor little bun hops out.

Now I have to walk away. I don't think bunnies are supposed to get wet and it's too hot at the beach for them. I read somewhere getting them wet can send them into shock and die. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I wanted to tell the woman to put a fur coat on and walk around in the heat and to tell me if she was comfortable.

Dumb bunny owner!

I have heard of some bunnies that go into water. I have to go to work but when I come back I will say alittle more. Hopefully someone else comes along that knows more.

Not all bunnies 'Hate' water. Babii for instance, She don't like it. But when she has to she will manage it.

It's normal for animals to swim back in . All they wanted was a dip, not a bath.

Sparky does that. You turn on the hose or the bath at home, hes the first one in it, when were at the cottage. He will sit and cry at the water ( I think it has something to do with the seaweed ) and when we put him in the water, he will swim back and be all exited.

My point is, Maybe she was trying to cool him/her off. Did you see if the bun had a shaded area to rest out of water ?

And if it's shallow, she must know her rabbbit welland love it enough, to bring itto a beachto know if it's scared of water, a lovingbun owner wouldn't do thatunless you knew your bun was ok with it.

susansheila wrote:
Okay, I'm on vacation in Maine.
While I'm sitting on the beach a woman appears with a small lop bunny. Someone says to her does it go in the water? So the owner picks up the bunny and puts the bunny in the water (shallow water). The poor little bun hops out.

Now I have to walk away. I don't think bunnies are supposed to get wet and it's too hot at the beach for them. I read somewhere getting them wet can send them into shock and die. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I wanted to tell the woman to put a fur coat on and walk around in the heat and to tell me if she was comfortable.

Dumb bunny owner!
If getting wet could kill bunnies mine should be all dead. They've hardly seen a dry day since they were born. But I reckon the sudden shock of cold water might not be that pleasant. I wouldn't take a bunny too the beach though. Doesn't sound like the right environment with no shade

Latest posts

Back