Can I use pine bedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryGirl

Reaction score
I never did with my other two. But I have awhole ton let over from a hamster that just passed away.:(Can I use it in new bunnies hutch, or is that a big no no?:ponder:I would hate to throw it away it a huge bag I justbought at the feed store a month ago. Thanks in advance.

Aly :bunnydance:

You can leave it open in a bin and let it airout. That was suggested on another forum for guinea pigs avery long time ago.

I use pine stall bedding(for horses)in my bunnies' litter boxes only, not for their bedding, and as noted,I make sure it's dried out, and I make sure the area is wellventilated. They're also 'room' bunnies, not cageor hutch bunnies, so I'm not too worried about them being constantlyexposedin close quarters.

Hope this helps!

sas

Litter or bedding, it's recommended not to use.Many buns spend a lot of time in their litter boxes. It does seem likea waste to dump it, but it's cheap enough - also it can be used asgarden mulch. However Pipp's method probably renders it pretty safe. Ijust tend to be conservative with my buns. My first rabbit used pineshavings in the litter box for ten years without any liver problemsever showing up, but still today i wouldn't use it.

Thanks for the clear up on that Bunman! I was thinking it was both, but I am no expert like all you peeps on here.

I'll shout out to ya'all right now a big "Thank You for all your helpand knowledge and kindness!!!" Especially, from thebuns! :great:

Thanks Snuffles. I'm no expert but i do my best,secure in the knowledge that when i make a mistake, somebody else willcorrect me.:)

Latest posts

Back