Can I see your NIC cages?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malo

Reaction score
When the chinchilla I am taking care of for thesummer goes back to school, I am planning on expanding Whisper's cage.I am going to do this with cubes and it looks like I can fit 3 acrossand 2 wide, and I would like to add maybe two more levels. The top toher currect cage flips off so I was thinking of putting a ramp up to asecond level and another ramp to the next level.

I was wondering if I could see pictures of your NIC cages with levels?And if anyone has any ramps in their cages, I would like to see thosetoo.
Also, if you could explain what layers your levels (cardboard etc) I would be very grateful!

Thank you!
Ps. I have seen the cages only thread.

It's funny you should mention this because Ijust started my NIC cage (with the help of my dad) today. We will befinishing it tomorrow after I wake up. I took pictures of the steps aswe went along. I'll be making a little walkthrough of how we did it soexpect to see that tomorrow in the afternoon sometime.

Stan's new cage...probably not very helpful since it's just a big rectangle :?

stannewcage.jpg

Thanks Shuu, I will look for it.

Stanleysmommy,
Actually it is very helpful. Is that a chube? if so, it tells me thattwo cubes will fit my cage width wise, because your chube is about thesize of the cube, and my chube is half the width of my cage.

Malo wrote:
Thanks Shuu, I will look for it.

Stanleysmommy,
Actually it is very helpful. Is that a chube? if so, it tells me thattwo cubes will fit my cage width wise, because your chube is about thesize of the cube, and my chube is half the width of my cage.

Why yes it is.....okay glad to help.:D I can post his old cage with levels if I find a picture.

I got mine at Pier 1, but I've heard you can get them at Home Depot I think.

Stanley didn't fall off, it was very bordered, there was actually onespace the size of a square that he could jump up there on. Plus if hedid fall it wasn't far at all.

It was just too hard to clean around and stuck out in my room. :?

stanleysmommy wrote:
I got mine at Pier 1, but I've heard you can get them atHome Depot I think.

Stanley didn't fall off, it was very bordered, there was actually onespace the size of a square that he could jump up there on. Plus if hedid fall it wasn't far at all.

It was just too hard to clean around and stuck out in my room. :?
How did he get to the second level? Jump? I'm having a problem withthat right now. We can't really think of a suitable ramp or boost and Idont trust Tyr or Loki not to hurt themselves jumping to or from thebottom without slipping and breaking something.

This is SweetPea's Pen. This part is her feeding area for her bowl and to see high.

This is her cage from outside. It is a 2x6 cage and the coroplast is onthe outside of the nic grids not the inside. She can not chew thecoroplast at all.

This one you can see long ways.

When we move out from our apt we will be building a platform to putunder the whole intire cage with castor wheels that way if I have tomove the cage it will be easier to pull out. All of our critters willbe living in the grage. We are converting our grage into a rabbitry andfor our guinea pigs to live in as well. All of the flemish giantrabbits will be living in a 2x5 or bigger and the lionheads will be ina 2x3 or bigger.

Wow, I like Sweetpea's home, very spacious. Very nice set up.

Whisper's cage will be on a cart that came with it. It will not be touching the ground.

This is the cage my husband and I built for ourtwo rabbits. We used NIC cubes and corn husk mats from Pier1. Later we added choroplast to the bottoms of all theshelves but I haven't taken an updated pic yet.

71f2c4be.jpg

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
This is SweetPea's Pen. This part is her feeding area forher bowl and to see high.

This is her cage from outside. It is a 2x6 cage and the coroplast is onthe outside of the nic grids not the inside. She can not chew thecoroplast at all.

This one you can see long ways.

When we move out from our apt we will be building a platform to putunder the whole intire cage with castor wheels that way if I have tomove the cage it will be easier to pull out. All of our critters willbe living in the grage. We are converting our grage into a rabbitry andfor our guinea pigs to live in as well. All of the flemish giantrabbits will be living in a 2x5 or bigger and the lionheads will be ina 2x3 or bigger.

I love the hay rack you made!! What a great idea! :D

Make sure you have shoes on. stand on the gridsand then lift them up slowly. Once you get the way you want it takebinder clips. I used 4. 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back