can i put a bell collar on my baby lop bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ty<3

Reaction score
I recently adopted this baby bunny he’s around 2 months old and i’ve been putting this bell collar on him when he’s roaming around my apartment without my 100% attention, I just wanna make sure I don’t loose him or he gets stepped on since he’s very little still. This is a temporary thing until he gets bigger but i’ve seen a lot of mixed opinions online after doing some research, will this hurt my bunny in any way? He seems like he doesn’t mind I don’t see any changes in his behavior when it’s on or off he’s very active! (just to be clear it’s not on all day or anything just for short periods of time through the day) What are y’all’s thoughts?

Collars can be very dangerous for rabbits. If you really need to have a bell on your bun for safety, it would be safest to use an H style harness. But even then it shouldn't be left on your bun permanently. Only when you're around to supervise. Bunnies panic easily, and a bunny freaked out can break bones, sustain a spinal injury, even have a heart attack. You just don't want your bun in a harness, and getting caught on something without you being right there to help your bun.

Collars can be very dangerous for rabbits. If you really need to have a bell on your bun for safety, it would be safest to use an H style harness. But even then it shouldn't be left on your bun permanently. Only when you're around to supervise. Bunnies panic easily, and a bunny freaked out can break bones, sustain a spinal injury, even have a heart attack. You just don't want your bun in a harness, and getting caught on something without you being right there to help your bun.
Thank you for your input, I decided to not risk it and not put the collar on him!

Latest posts

Back