Can I keep them in the same room?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can I leave them in the same room?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Probably Shouldnt

• *dont choose this answer* dont just use the poll, written answers are most helpful

• Total voters

~Lavender~

Reaction score
Hello! I’m new to this website, but I’m hoping you may have an answer to my question. This Saturday, I may be taking home a new Bun, and rehoming My current one. I leave on Tuesday during spring break time, and I’ll be away for 2-3 nights. I was wondering if it’s okay to leave them in the same room? The pen’s wouldn’t be touching. And someone will be here taking care of them. *food, water, etc.* But they will be unattended pretty much all day. It’s possible one of them will be rehomed by then, but not likely. What do you guys think?

If you aren't intending to bond them, then it would be a good idea to put a visual barricade between their line of sight so they can't see each other (though, no doubt they will smell each other's presence).

Is there a reason why you are rehoming one and getting another? What are their ages?

The one being re-homed is a bit over a year, the other is 8 months. IF I don't take the 8 month year old, that one will be re-homed, but it is in my friend's care.

Current setup...
Hmm, well. My current rabbit is free-roamed, but both will be put in separate pen's if the other one comes home with me.
With the way I would have the cages setup, I could block their line of vision of each other. My room is small-ish. But big enough that I can keep the two pens separate.

I don't know how long i'll have the 2, though. Because it depends on how long it takes to re-home the other. In which case, I would probably have to find a separate room for one of them.

They'll be fine unattended for a couple days if they still will have someone refilling water, hay, etc. as needed.

I don't understand this (possible typo?) " IF I don't take the 8 month year old, that one will be re-homed, but it is in my friend's care. "

Are they male or female? Fixed? Is the one-year old yours or your friend's? I didn't catch why it is being re-homed, or how the 8-month old factors in.

They are both females. I was rehoming mine due to behavior. But, I decided not to take the other one, and keep this one. The 1 year old is mine. Thanks anyways!

Spaying often takes care of unwanted behavior issues. Otherwise, there are many of us who have had to deal with various behavior issues with our rabbits. so perhaps you could get some suggestions. If you like, just begin a new thread and perhaps some of us would be able to help.

Latest posts

Back