Can everyone please pray for my puppy Freddie :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
My gorgeous Freddie is ill at the momet. He was coughing up blood this morning and was clearly in great pain. He was rushed to the vets where they diagnosed he had intussusception, which is a folding of the intestines. In this case it is due to a foreign body he had swallowed. We have no idea what it could be, and the vet can't recognise it from x-rays. It could be a bit of plastic from one of his toys or something but we have no idea :(

He went into surgery this morning, but suffered from a pulmonary oedema (fluid in the lungs) so they had to stop the surgery and deal with that.

That seems to have gone well, so he is currently is going into surgery again now.

Please pray for my baby. He is the happiest, friendlist, most gorgeous dog anyone could wish for. I can't imagine losing him.

He was one of Lucy's and Harry's puppies, which we gave to my cousin. I won't go into details because it makes me angry, but she insisted how much she knew about dogs, how much she adored them, worked with them etc. But we got a call a few weeks later from her boyfriend saying the dog was vicious and they didn't want him anymore. We were so angry. We got him back, and he has been the sweetest thing ever, and we eventually got them to admit that he wasn't vicious, it was just a way to get rid of him because her bf was fed up of him. And her bf's idea of dicsiplining him when he weed on the floor was to pick him up by the scruff of his neck and shake him. Needless to say my mum has said she never wants to see this man again and he is never coming back to our house, even if my cousin and him stay together. We got him back and his collar was way too tight, had adult dog treats, and cowers from men, obviously due to her bf and the way he treated him, but after a few weeks he was confident and bouncy and not scared of any man, like he was before. He loved us and we loved him and he was so so happy. All we had to do was call him and he would be so unbelievably excited and run as fast as his tiny legs would carry him towards us to lick us and nose us. My mum was so angry that they had branded him vicious and 'a danger' to the bf's 3 year old son. It's just not true at all.
But anyway, that's why we don't have any recent pictures of him. He is about 12 weeks old now. This photo was taken when he was about 9 weeks old, before he went.

We were thrilled to have him back, and I am begging he will be alright. The vet says the chance of 50/50 :'(. We fell so in love with him when we got him back that we don't want to give him to anyone else, even though we already have 6 dogs. We just love him too much now.

Freddie.jpg

Please get better Freddie. We love you so much.

Jen

I have just found out that he actually hasn't recovered from the pulmonary oedema yet. They are going to x-ray to see if it is possible to operate again :(

I'm so sorry! This must be really scary for you. Poor baby Freddie :( It's so hard when our babies are sick, regardless of species.

Thank you so much everyone.

Well i had to wait until today for any news. He hasn't been vomiting at all through the night so that's really good, but his breathing is still quick, meaning there is still a bit of fluid in his lungs. Apparently he is much brighter and feeling better though.

Tomorrow they will continue with the op so i am praying til then. But the vets are hopeful so I can only hope.

Jen :(

Such good news. He is doing so much better. They say he has pneumonia (how or why, they have no idea), but they have controlled it. He still has a little fluid in his lungs, but has not yet passed the object. They think they might get away with not operating because the object seems to be moving on it's own.

They also think that perhaps the object in his intestine was jsut a red herring, and the real problem was the pulmonary oedema and the pneumonia, but thank god because it meant we caught it in time (crossing fingers).

We went to visit him at the vets yesterday. He was SO thrilled to see us. Jumping around and wagging his tail and licking us.

Here he is :D

Image021.jpg

Thank you so much everyone for your good thoughts.

We have just got a call from the vets and he IS COMING HOME TODAY!!!!! I can't get too excited though, because he is not totally out of the woods yet. They still aren't totally sure what happened, and so can't guarantee whatever it was won't happen again. If it does though, we know the signs to look for (heavy breathing is one of the first) so we can catch it early (I'm begging it won't happen again though).
Also, he is not totally over the pneumonia, but certainly not as weak as he was. He will still need to be on his special diet, and his meds, but the vets are completely hopeful of a full recovery, but it will take some time, they said.

He hasn't passed the object yet, but the vets say he should do, and hopefully he won't need the stomach operation. I am really hoping this is the case.

Thanks so much everyone. It means so much to me to have you all thinking and praying for Freddie. We honestly thought we were going to lose him. The vets were even apprehensive about the anasthetic for the op, and said that even his chances from waking up from that weren't fantastic.

But here we are a few days later and thankfully due to the amazing vets we have, he's safe and sound. They really are brilliant.

Jen :D

Latest posts

Back