Can anyone tell me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not very familiar with the Australianbreeds. The do use the BRC standard, however, they acceptmore varieties in some of the breeds than BRC does.

You rabbit resemblesthe AussieMarten Sablebreed that weighs 5-7 lbs. and has asoft/silky coat.

We have a similar breed in the US (Silver Marten that comes in thesable variety). Ours is slightly larger and has a flybackcoat.

Pam

Is Lily the rabbit in your avatar? Iagree that she looks like a Cal, but the photo is too small to reallytell. Her weight and knowing her fur type would behelpful. Cal's weigh 7 1/2 - 10 1/2 lbs. in your country andwould have a very different fur from your Sable.

Pam

i think the brc recognizes martin sable in three shades, light, medium, and dark, and yours would be a light.

Hey Pam.. Does Cleo have BEW in her? it lookedlike it to me, since she looks like she has blue eyes, and the whitering around her eye. like what Cinn has.

GoodLord, she'sreally beautiful, becc.

Whata nice sight to see on a gloomy Monday morning.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:

Whata nice sight to see on a gloomy Monday morning.

-Carolyn

Having bad weather, Carolyn? We've finally got weather up intothe fifties today!!! yaH!!!!! hoping to push some good weather your way!

Ellie

Cinnabun wrote:
Hey Pam.. Does Cleo have BEW in her? it looked like it tome, since she looks like she has blue eyes, and the white ring aroundher eye. like what Cinn has.

The ring around the eye is a Marten marking as well as the white belly,white inside ears, nose lacing, and white jowels. The pictureappears to me to just be showing a ruby glow (common to rabbits withthe shaded gene).

My guess is that there is probably no BEW in Cleo's background.

Pam

I was going to post a pic of Luv. But i think iforgot how. Someone once told me she might be a silver marten. she isvery pretty!!

Cristy

She is gorgeous! When I saw that pic I realized I don't think I've ever seen a bunny of those colors.

pamnock wrote:
Cinnabun wrote:
Hey Pam.. DoesCleo have BEW in her? it looked like it to me, since she looks like shehas blue eyes, and the white ring around her eye. like what Cinn has.

The ring around the eye is a Marten marking as well as the white belly,white inside ears, nose lacing, and white jowels. The picture appearsto me to just be showing a ruby glow (common to rabbits with the shadedgene).

My guess is that there is probably no BEW in Cleo's background.

Pam

ohhh okay! i thought she had some BEW in her.. i have some more reading up on rabbits to do then. LOL

Latest posts

Back