Can anyone please help?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattscfc

Reaction score
Hiya.. today I’ve noticed like a dandruff sort of thing on my rabbit. I will attach a photo.

He lives in my garden which is kept very clean he’s cleaned at least once a week usually every Saturday morning. I’ve looked on the internet and from what i can see I would say it’s walking dandruff/ringworm.

I’ve cleaned all the dandruff off him and combed all his body, I’ve also put some cream that contains clotrimazole and put savlon on the dry skin underneath what I have cleaned.

His attitude hasn’t changed he’s still he’s usual inquisitive confident funny self and he’s still eating and cleaning himself but I have noticed him scratching which goes without saying

I can’t get into the vets until the very earliest on Monday. With covid-19 they are on short hours
please help
Thankyou gugs

Attachments

• 2AF7900B-B18A-4DD6-B7CC-2D45F030817F.jpeg
    2AF7900B-B18A-4DD6-B7CC-2D45F030817F.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 4
I think taking him to the vet on Monday is a really good call. It's not an emergency, so he should be fine for til then, although you might want to hold off on applying any medicated ointments until the appointment so the vet can get the best idea of what's going on. Also, be sure to disclose what you used in case of drug interactions (I doubt there will be any, but the vet will want to know.) Do you have other rabbits? If so, can you separate him from the others?

Hiya first of all Thankyou for getting back to me as I can’t rest worrying about him. It’s kind of funny because I’ve never had a rabbit before but my fiancé had one as a child and it was her idea to get this rabbit but I’ve become really attached to him and his little personality!

we have no other rabbits but we do have a dog and the rabbit and the dog are inseparable the literally follow eachother everywhere and even take naps along side eachother. So would I need to isolate the dog from the rabbit?

I’ll call the vets as soon as they open on Monday morning and hopefully try and get an appointment sooner rather than later.

is there anyway I can help him to stop itching until he gets a treatment?

I would probably separate the two, just to play it safe in case it is ringworm (mites of any kind are generally not contagious between species). If you have a flea comb, groom him with it just to play it safe and check, fleas are pretty common and a good starting point if a bunny is scratching a lot. You could leave a message on the vet's answering machine now and they'd get it first thing (the clinic I work at returns all calls before the day's appointments begin).

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions to make him more comfortable until then. Rabbits are pretty sensitive, so the vet would be the one to know. Good luck! It seems like you're a very alert and caring bunny parent!

Latest posts

Back