Can anyone offer advice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendOfTheBunnies

Reaction score
As some of you might know, I have four rabbits, 3males and one female. The female, Babs, is spayed.The three males, however, are not fixed. Just recently theoldest/biggest of the males has started chasing the smallertwo. I am afraid one of them is going to get hurt, orworse. Does anyone know if fixing the two smaller ones wouldhelp? Or would fixing all 3 be the only goodsolution? I really want to avoid separating them at allcosts... any and all advice would be appreciated... thank you so much

Hi, The only solution is having all 3 malesneutered, preferably all at the same time. If this is not possible thelarger, more agressive, male should be done first. Then, the 2 smallerones. They will still have "arguements" from time to time, but not asserious (just a nip or two).

It's a good idea to have them neutered anyways toprevent some problems and extend their life (so I've been told).Neutering is not always the solution, but I think it's the only thingyou can do and pray it works.

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001

Most successful bonding occurs between buck and doe, doe and doe,buck and buck, in that descending rank order. Not to say buckand buck will never bond, but it is the least likely. Formore information regardign bonding of rabbits in groups, access

http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

I concur with the other posters in that neutering all three would bethe wisest course of action if you are not intending to breed any ofthem.

Buck

Thanks for your advice! I was hopeingto keep the oldest one in tact so I could breed him at somepoint. But if that is not a safe option I certainly don'twant to endanger my current wonderfull bunnies just for the opertunityto have more. Basically, I would like to use him for breedingat some point, but I am more than willing to neuter all three if thatis the best route, which it sounds like it is.

Back