Can altered rabbits compete?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could show altered rabbits at the fair, because last year, Salem didn't get a place. He was underweight during show time, and I think he'd have a better chance this time, but he's neutered. I'm not sure if they'd let an altered rabbit in the show?
I'd rather show Salem than get another one, because if I got another one to show, I would have to get rid of it, no matter what. If it was donated back in the auction, I'd have to sell it on CraigsList or something. I don't want to have to do that - I'd get too attached, like I got attached to Salem, which is the only reason I still have him.... Not to mention, there are all kinds of people on CraigsList buying and selling animals like stuff in e-bay stores....

According to the American Rabbit Breeder Association a altered rabbit cannot be shown. Now I know some fairs have different rules so you might want to check with the organizers of the fair first. As a rule though neutered or spayed rabbits cannot be shown.

You might be able to do Pet class if it is offered. If you are in 4-H, there are usually pet classes and showmanship classes that you can compete in (if you are in 4-H).
Most shows don't allow spayed/neutered rabbits to compete in the regular classes.

Latest posts

Back