Can a bunny get the hiccups?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I read about the signs that something may be wrong with your bun in thehealth section first, but didn't see this there, so I have to ask.

Do buns get the hiccups? We let Maisie out tonight for abouthalf an hour, and she was hopping around just fine, andnormally. She came up to me and bumped noses with me, andwent back into her cage and did tons of binkies, ate a bit, and thenlaid down and looked like she got the hiccups. She didn'tlook like she was having seizures, or anything, especially because shenibbled a bit after each "hiccup" type spasm. It literallyjust looked she had a short case of the hiccups.

Could anyone let me know about this? I'm really concerned,and didn't find anything in any of the site's references.

So, have any of your buns gotten hiccups?

She's eating a carrot and acting totally normal now, and didn'tseem like she was in duress during the spasm-type things...so I don'tknow...

From all the threads I've read here about bunnyhiccups, i haven't seen anything to show that it would be cause foralarm. It is suppose to mainly happen to youngerbunnies. I don't find anything that points to a proven causeof hiccups. Possibly she ate too fast.

Anyways, I just wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like it isjust something that happens and you might as well enjoy and laugh ather lil bunny hiccups.

I guess I should've searched threads by "hiccups"...LOL...what a dork. I didn't even think of it. :D

Thanks for letting me know...I was so worried!! Yeah...I'm cool...:cool:...LOL!!

That's so strange because I noticed my rabbitdoing the same thing tonight. It was like he was letting outshort little breaths but other than that was completelynormal. It stopped after about 20 seconds. Whoknows.

Cocoa gets hiccups (hiccoughs). Cloverdoes not. He has gotten them since he was veryyoung. The first time I saw him do it, I thought he wassneezing so I got very worried. I checked him all thetime. He was fine. The sound he makes is not asneeze (but probably close) and is very regular (once he starts) like ahiccup would be. I think it is kind of cute and funny when hehiccups now.

Jay

Cadbury tends to sneeze quite often, especially when she's playing with my fuzzy slippers. I think they tickle her nose :)

I don't think sneezing or hiccuping is bad for them...and she looks so cute when she sneezes!

Back