Calming a rabbit down

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
:brownbunnyi know that rabbits have a fast heartbeat especially when they are scared or excited, but my rabbit Ivy seems to always be breathing heavy and part of it is when I take it out and hold her so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to calm her down, I just want her to be happy and healthy.

It could be you handling her that makes her anxious. Since they're prey animals they are predisposed to being anxious with being lifted or held.

I would recommend letting her find her own way out of the cage and sitting on the ground and petting her as opposed to picking her up. Their cage is their safe place. Let her get comfortable coming out on her own and she will remain calm...until she gets excited and goes nuts/binkys everywhere :bunny24

There's no way out, the only way she can get out is by me picking her up.

Can you make a ramp for her?

When I'm calming down my bunny, I just softly talk to him. Kind of sing-songish. Just barely louder then a whisper. There are a few spots he likes to be petted the most and a certain style of petting he likes a lot. Find what your bunny prefers the most. That plus sweet talking should help

Latest posts

Back