calling all flemmie owners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
I need to find a place to keep my bunny at night. he is wreaking havoc and nothing keeps him contained in any place I keep him. he now has full run and reign in the house and he is not being a good laid back flemmie, he is being a little brat :p

what do you keep your giants in?

he's only 3 months old but is the size of my biggest cat ( not as heavy though, she is 20 lbs)

I just ordered a wire kennel that is built for ast.bernardfor my flemmie. It's 49" long and 34" high. We will be keeping it in my daughter's playroom and then letting her have the run of the playroom when we are home. At night, she'll be in there. We are also putting a shelf in it so she has a place to rest on off the heated floors. And she loves to be up on shelves.

Is there a bathroom you can keep him in? That's the other place we lock Muppet in because it has ceramic tiles that she loves to lay on that aren't heated.

Although Muppet is pretty lazy, so I can't relate to the "little brat" too much. But she does have her days! :X

Good luck!

Thanks Suze :) Phineas is on the ceramic tiles in our bathroom as we speak. Thank you for the suggestion. I still feel guilty because he can't see us with the door closed but I am having company tonight and he can be a bit of a lovebug lol
I'll just have hubby let him out in the mornings and I will put him back in when we are out. I feel better but like I said guilty.. but that's me.. a guilt machine lol

Can you get a baby gate? That way you could put it in the doorway and not have to close the door. That's what we do with the playroom door

our flembot is locked in a cage... i feel cruel but he absolutely stinks. he sprays everywhere and it's not bearable. you cant smell it without dry retching. I hope that after the animal rescue place gets him neutered we can have him roaming the house a bit more

I've tried the babygate, he scales it lol. I had him in a walk in closet with wood floors with the babygate and the door open a crack and he jumped and banged it with his head to get out.

Then, I moved him to the kitchen with a babygate and wooden beads, he climbed and jumped through. So, I had the babygate, the beads, and a sheet so he couldn't see out but it didn't matter lol he managed breaking through that too.

So hopefully the bathroom will work for now. I'm going to use the walkin closet again with two baby gates one on top of the other for when we are out and at night. The bathroom is ok for now. at least I can go for a few hours without worrying about pee everywhere.

You can make a good pen out of pegboard from Home Depot. Get it cut into (3) 2'8" x 4' sections. That gives you 12' of wall. You can use zip-ties to hold it together. As long as your guy is not a jumper it will keep them in. With 3 sheets ~$50 you can have an area slightly larger than 8' x 8' My guys like it. You can also cover the floor with a painters drop plastic and get the (2) 6' x 8' carpets to cover the floor. The plastic keeps the floor dry from any accidents.

Back