California Fires

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
Here in California, our fire season seems to be in full gear. Here is a recent look at the all fires in our state right now; 12 total (when I looked last night it was 11), though some of them have been contained. You can smell the smoke when you step outside where I live, though the closest fire to use is the Yuba one which is far enough away to not be any danger to me personally. I have a very strong fear of fire, so naturally I'm concerned for our Cali members. I know our firefighters are having a hard time, bless them all for what they do.

cali_fires.jpg

I hope everyone (and everybun!) in California is staying safe.:pray:

I'm so glad we have a good volunteer fire dept. in my small town, last month there were 2 fires on my street and no homes were damaged. One of my neighbors did have a few boards on his fence burned but the firefighters did an amazing job. It was very scary to have the water dropping planes flying over so low it shook the whole house. I could smell the smoke inside with all the doors and windows closed.

Oh wow, very scary Becky! We had a fire recently (I believe this month or maybe the end of last) that was too close for comfort. It was in the near by canyon. Fire trucks were coming from all area's. The firefighters did an remarkable job and put it out very quickly. I remember one year we had a big fire in a near by town; in the canyon like usual. It was so big that ash was falling from the sky and blanketing everything. :shock:

Fires are one of the scariest forces of nature. I know my husband is vigilent about keeping the weeds and brush around our property down, for that reason.

We got evacuated last year. It was horrible. The flames reached the neighbors property. I had sheriffs yelling at us to leave as were hurried to get all the animals. I think I was seconds from being dragged off the property.

Latest posts

Back