Calico??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalballl

Reaction score
Hi There,

I was inquiring about these baby Holland Lops this lady has nearme. And I asked her what colours they were andsuch. She said both the does and bucks are Calico.. Cananyone show me what a Calico Holland Lop or something lookslike?! Or if there is such thing?!

Thanks!

Crystal

a calico rabbit is just a tri color

100_0585.jpg

it is a bad photo, but the only tri color rabbit photo i have on this computer. . .

Wow that bunny looks just like Gracie-Lou!

I was wondering,are calico rabbits like calico cats wherethey are almost always females and when they are males they are sterile?

not at all. . .

in cats, the calico color is a sex trait almost . . .hard to explain. . .

in tri-colorrabbits it is simply a color coat variety. . .

Thanks for answering this about calico because I wasn't sure if it would be a tri or a harlequin or what.

Peg

no problem. . .

often times i find that breeders will tell non-breeder calico for tricolor rabbits. . .simply because calico is a more wide known term andsome people get confused when it is called a tri color. . .

it could be considered a harlequin also. . .i guess. . .

but when i think of a calico rabbit. . . i think tri color. . .

Ohh I dont know. Wasn't planning onit. But saw them in the paper. hehehe Just wasinquiring on them. I would like to wait until I get Hollyspayed and then we move to our new place and then we'll see.I just was wondering what Calico was in a rabbit....but ya never knowwith me hehehehe

Waaah....

I want her....

Maybe if I took Miss Bea to my broken tort buck when I get him....

Back