Cages AND Comments 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we are new to rabbits were actually getting our first two on Sat via adoption...they are coming with a cage but know me I'll want to build something more custom to the house and I see lot of cages with out tops on them...do the rabbits not need a roof if the cage is inside....im guessing they cant climb like our rats or hamsters....am i correct?

KavidsRodentRescue wrote:
So we are new to rabbits were actually getting our first two on Sat via adoption...they are coming with a cage but know me I'll want to build something more custom to the house and I see lot of cages with out tops on them...do the rabbits not need a roof if the cage is inside....im guessing they cant climb like our rats or hamsters....am i correct?
As long as the sides are high enough, you don't need a top for a indoor rabbit. Some buns can jump high. others not.

I really want to build my rabbits a NIC cage inside my bedroom, because where they are staying now is a Double Model Ferret Nation under my rats. Obvs its for ferrets but I had no other choice to move them in since its better living inside then out imo. I have them running around most of the day, but I'd love for them to have a 10x bigger enclosure for night. The only problem with a NIC cage is when Theodore lived outside, I bought him a 2 ft tall pen, which he soon learned to jump over by hooking his paws in the mesh and propelling himself up and over. He's a really smart bun and I don't know how I would build this in a way that he can't escape while I'm not home.

Kel4mum wrote:
This is my buns cage. It's a rabbit run that can be folded and moved outside if needed. It come with a lid, so that I can kepp the buns in at night. I changed the hinges on one side with bolt locks to make a door, so they can go in and out as they please.

Photo-0365.jpg

The straw nest at the back is to help with chewing, you can see that they have enjoyed chewing it to pieces, and they can hide inside it too.
That's a store bought run, right?

This is my boy's set up. Just a pen on linoleum to protect the floor and help with cleaning. He has a box made out of wood because he's too heavy for normal cardboard. :) Also has an extra deep litter pan. Cardboard is used to try to minimize hay dispersal in the feeding area...

IMG00157-20091115-1621.jpg

Latest posts

Back