Cages AND Comments 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I am very envious of all you who can build NIC cages, I could use my space so much better if I could buy them :(

NIC grids. 4 long, 3 wide, 2 high. I use a giant heavy duty rug runner to keep Bayou away from the carpet as he likes to eat it. :grumpy:

Sorry about the bad quality; webcam is fail.

IMG000193.jpg

FlickeringHope wrote:
Honey: "So...how do I get out of here...."

Hutch3EscapePlan.jpg
Whoa, that is one big cage! I love it!

I will post Nibbles' cage some other time.. he needs a new roof on his house because it's all poopy and gross, so once my dad gets that done I'll post a few pics. :)

Hi Guys!

Sorry for being out of topic but I always see a lot of people use these type of modular cages. What are they called?

July6004.jpg

Thanks!

Not out of topic at all, HoOn. This is the place for questions about cages :)

They are NIC cages, because they are built out of what was originaly called NIC, or Neat Idea Cubes.
They are a storage system, basically grids and connectors, originally meant for building cheap storage shelves.
You can find them under several different names now, and in several stores.
The pinned topics at the top of this section have lots of info on them, lots of ideas and links to where to find them.

This place is a good one to start. Scroll down to "Ideas and Instructions", where you will find a tutorial on how to build one, and other informative links.

Also look through this section: Cages through the Ages for more ideas.

To find them, you could try places like Target, Walmart, Home Depot, CostCo, or office supply stores.
This oneis a good site with info, including where to look for them, and what you need.
Another good site with info, including links, is found here.

8100944.jpg

my daughters cage-jk...its the dogs

890933.jpg

Sara's cage

89091-1.jpg

89094.jpg

Boys cage

and Mimzy free roams the apartment

NorthernAutumn wrote:
^^^ Lol! Every time I see your bun's cage, Beezille, it's grown another two feet :D
lol the buns keep growing too, so i must accomadate or they get angry with me.

This is my buns cage. It's a rabbit run that can be folded and moved outside if needed. It come with a lid, so that I can kepp the buns in at night. I changed the hinges on one side with bolt locks to make a door, so they can go in and out as they please.

Photo-0365.jpg

The straw nest at the back is to help with chewing, you can see that they have enjoyed chewing it to pieces, and they can hide inside it too.

o wow Kelly, i love that cage! its very clean and fancy looking.
do they ever jump over it?

Newbuncage91209.jpg

1Newbuncage91209.jpg

Here's my new cage I did it on Sat. I was having a sever basement day so I took it upon my self to do some retail therapy and construct this new cage

My bunny currently runs aroundour largebalcony during the day, and is enclosed in her cage, which sits in the kitchen,at night. With the cold weather coming, I'm planning on moving her inside the house for the whole day. However, if she's inside, she won't get as much time as she does on the balcony to run around, since I'll have to supervise her during her free-run time. I plan on purchasing this condo from Leith Petwerks for her.. do you think it's large enough for her to stay in for the majority of the day? It's 48 inches wide, 23 inches deepand 21 inches tall for each level.

I looove the Leith Petworks cages, but they are very expensive. I really like the Super Pet GIANT (blue base and on wheels) for rabbits ever since I saw someone on here purchase it for their rabbit. It is about the size of a 2 cube x 3 cube NIC cage...but it doesn't look so "thrown together" like a NIC cage...because the SP is an actual purchased cage. You can only order it online from PetSmart for about $90 with free shipping (most times!!).

undergunfire wrote:
I looove the Leith Petworks cages, but they are very expensive. I really like the Super Pet GIANT (blue base and on wheels) for rabbits ever since I saw someone on here purchase it for their rabbit. It is about the size of a 2 cube x 3 cube NIC cage...but it doesn't look so "thrown together" like a NIC cage...because the SP is an actual purchased cage. You can only order it online from PetSmart for about $90 with free shipping (most times!!).

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753350

That cage is huge for a store bought cage that cage is good for 5 pounds and under.Thats as big as storms cage if I had it on its side.

Three grids wide is 42 inches so its really 4 inches wider

Latest posts

Back