Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karona

Reaction score
Thought I would ask here becaue I know alo ofpeople on here have mice and stuff. I have hermit crabs I got a fewdays ago. I got a starter kit with a cage that looks an awfullot like ahampster cage. Well now my friend has given m her 15 galon tank so Idont nee the cage. I still need the sand and dished andstuff ut thecage I dont need. I spent $40 on it so I am willing to sell it for $20on its own with out the other stuff. It is only a week old and has justhad hermits in it. I have heard they make great mouse cages and aregood for dwarf hampsters. it also has spots toattach those tubes soican be an addition to another cage. If you want to ship you send methe check/money and I mail it to you with the shiiping at your cost. Iam in Kitchener Ontario Canada.

Here is a pic of it.

cow004.jpg

close up

cow005.jpg

entire thing

I love hermit crabs.. if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

I had 3, and they lived quite awhile. I had one for about 3 years, butall died when we lost our power for 4 days back in January and theyfroze :( I miss them and I miss talking hermit crabs. Do you have theirtank covered, because they need humidity to breathe.

Wow, that does look like a hamster cage! Thehermit crabs are cool climing around on it. Mine never hadclimbable walls, now I wish they did.

Yes my new tank will be covered. This one Ispary 4 times + daily to keep it above 80. I have gages to watch. Ijust need to get rid of this cage.

Oh wow! Hermit crabs as pets? that's neat! :D

What are they like? What do they eat? That's so cool. I never knew youcould have one as a pet :). I'd love to hear more about them!

Spring, they are a very neat pet to have. Theyeach have a personality for examplemy bigger one Sheldon loves to runand he makes lots of noises, but my other one Hermin is very shy andlikes to sleep. They eat a staple diet out of a bottle (I use zoomedhermit diet) and then I suplament mine with fesh fruit and vegatables,nuts, fish, cat food, nuts (mine love penut butter), and yougart orcheese. They are relitly easy to care for once you get the basics down.They are fairly expencive to set up (accual crabs are very cheap)because you need a heat mat, tank, sponge, sand, food, salt water,water conditioner, hiding place, 3 dishes, spray bottle and 3 biggershels per crab. I also had to get an iso tank because they must be keptin pairs however mine is ready to shead his shell and needs to be aloneas they can canabolise each other with no shell. Mine were a rescuefrom walmart where they just started selling them and these 2 fairlysmall ones were in with a tone of big guys.I had no idea how to carefor them but I knew I had to take them. I got them and then went hometo call my best friend who has a collony. She helped me set them us andget them clean (very dirty shells from lack of bath time). Since I gotthem I have read 3 books, looked at every site I could find on the netand, asked my friend enough questions to drive her nuts! They are fun Iam enjoying them!

Latest posts

Back