Cage Tray liner??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistyjr

Reaction score
My blue Buck is in a cage that the tray can come out, but the cage is on top.
What is the best liner to use??
I have used newspaper, and cage liner that i got from the store.. They both get the tray gross. So i was wondering that is the best.

Thanks, Misty:bunnydance:

Here is the same cage that I got but its not mine picture.. I coped it from a website..
rabbitcage.jpg

id use newspaper and put something over it. Might want to put a peice of cardboard in there so hes not always on the wire, and a litter box to see if hell use it, then itll be a lot easier to clean out

By gross, do you mean pee and poop? Itake itthe litter training isn't going well? :(

I'd usea thin layer of wood pellets(either stove pellets or horse stall bedding or Feline Pine) in the tray.They're cheap, easy to clean up (just need a litter scoop), andexcellent for odour control.

Also, a spray bottlefilled with a vinegar and water solution (I think the ratio is 50/50) is excellent for cleaning the white scaly stuff out of the tray. Plus it also eliminates odours.

Hope that helps!

Rue

I have a cage where there is a tray underneath and the rabbits can't walk on it, And I don't use any bedding in it, I just clean it down every 3 days and that does brilliant! I think lining it with bedding just makes it so much harder!

The tray is under neth the cage, So he cant step in hes own poo. The tray in small and it just pulls out to clean.

fuzz16 wrote:
id use newspaper and put something over it. Might want to put a peice of cardboard in there so hes not always on the wire, and a litter box to see if hell use it, then itll be a lot easier to clean out
Thanks, I will put something in there for him. I have a sqaure marble stone.. Can I use that instead of cardboard?? Reminder, ********* He's the bun that have an hairline fracture of tibia.

funnybunnymummy wrote:
Itake itthe litter training isn't going well? :(
I had a litter box in hes cage and just took it out. But he only poo in there once in awhile and made a mess of the litter all over the floor.

mistyjr wrote:
Thanks, I will put something in there for him. I have a sqaure marble stone.. Can I use that instead of cardboard?? Reminder, ********* He's the bun that have an hairline fracture of tibia.
Then you should definitely put something over the wire sohe doesn't hurt his leg more. Apparently that's how my Baci broke his leg with his previous owner.

you can use a wee-wee pad, its what they use to potty train dogs but makes a great liner and it keeps the tray dry

ani-lover wrote:
you can use a wee-wee pad, its what they use to potty train dogs but makes a great liner and it keeps the tray dry
I am not sure how much those pads are but there are also disposable changing mats for babiesor even the stuff the use in hospitals for incontinence. That may work out cheaper again.

Thanks, I will check it out, I need to do something, Newspaper isnt working and gets it all over and soaks up.

Recently I got a bath mat, and it works brilliantly. I dont use it for a litter box though, just for the cage since I removd the litter box. It soaks up pee and poop and it is very easy to clean

Latest posts

Back